• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick Strada`s budget speed runs for all

Lone-wolf

I am still waiting on parts for my project, motor, esc, and wheels, i have chopped the Tamiya discarge plug and soldered  an XT60, got the ride height about right, i think i may do a speed run with a 15T brushed motor and larger pinion on 3s lipo before the brushless goes in

strada stance.JPG

• Lone-wolf changed the title to Project Fast Strada TC
10 minutes ago, Redback said:

Sounds like a good idea, going to make a guess and say you will get just over 30mph on stock brushed. If you get to 50 on brushed i'll eat my hat.

salt an vinegar or ketchup sir...............just kidding it wont do 50 on brushed, you might be close at 30 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My guess @Jack Reacheris similar to @Redback at a little over 30mph.

I'd say 35mph on 3S, pinion gear dependent.  

Not sure how your suspension is set up but one thing you want to try and do is adjust it so the car has a rake angle with the back being slightly higher than the front. Then you want to ensure that the rear cannot go lower than the front, ....you can do that using limiters in your shocks. E.g. just add a small piece of pipe on your shock rods to limit the travel.

You want to do that as when you accelerate the car will want to squat down. If the rear end of the car can go lower than the front then it will encourage air to go under the front creating lift. Worst case the car will flip.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

My guess @Jack Reacheris similar to @Redback at a little over 30mph.

I'd say 35mph on 3S, pinion gear dependent.  

Not sure how your suspension is set up but one thing you want to try and do is adjust it so the car has a rake angle with the back being slightly higher than the front. Then you want to ensure that the rear cannot go lower than the front, ....you can do that using limiters in your shocks. E.g. just add a small piece of pipe on your shock rods to limit the travel.

You want to do that as when you accelerate the car will want to squat down. If the rear end of the car can go lower than the front then it will encourage air to go under the front creating lift. Worst case the car will flip.  

so far it looks like the rear has a bit more travel, and the front is light so i feel the front will push down more than the rear but i can put a couple of pre loaders in the rear, if the 120 esc fits and i can get it running how i planned it will be darn quick, but back up plan is a 540 brushless set up on 3s and that might just crack the target 70mph ........maybe

2 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

so far it looks like the rear has a bit more travel, and the front is light so i feel the front will push down more than the rear but i can put a couple of pre loaders in the rear, if the 120 esc fits and i can get it running how i planned it will be darn quick, but back up plan is a 540 brushless set up on 3s and that might just crack the target 70mph ........maybe

Trust me it won't. 😉
Just physics at work, as soon as you accelerate to move forward the weight transference will go towards the back making it squat which will lift the front. 

Regarding the 540 brushless set up on 3S cracking 70mph definitely achievable gear ratio dependent. My 1/12th Serpent S120 LTX ran an 87mph at ROSSA last year on 3S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redback said:

Please co me tell me how to make my car fast @GMballistic 🙏

Its another cheapish chassis with over the top electrionics haha.

Not having much luck with pinions and spurs. @Jack Reacher said you can tell me how to make my car faster than his* 😉 😁

What are you struggling with? 

I by no means know everything but happy to help if I can or at least give you some tips where I can. :good:

5 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

What are you struggling with? 

I by no means know everything but happy to help if I can or at least give you some tips where I can. :good:

Pinions and spurs right now mostly, i dont want to derail Jacks thread as whilst similar setups i have no idea what the strada driveline is like when it comes to spurs or aftermarket parts.
Please pop past if you get a moment, i go into it in a bit more detail there. Thank you.

Jack looking forward to seeing how it runs, are you waiting for the contacts before taking it out or going full stock? Will you be getting 🦶😡

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redback said:

Pinions and spurs right now mostly, i dont want to derail Jacks thread as whilst similar setups i have no idea what the strada driveline is like when it comes to spurs or aftermarket parts.
Please pop past if you get a moment, i go into it in a bit more detail there. Thank you.

Jack looking forward to seeing how it runs, are you waiting for the contacts before taking it out or going full stock? Will you be getting 🦶😡

I might put the 15T motor and bigger pinion on but stock tyres for first run, use that as starting point, but really i should do a speed run bog stock first, wont be for a while as the bad weather is back again

Nah just run it @Jack Reacherthe motor/ESC temps will be nice and cool that way. 😀 😄 

We've got the same here. Been snowing since early morning and still going albeit really light snow so not causing any issues for people yet.

• Like 1