• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Some trim help please

Hi guys. Sorry firstly I’m new and learning so please go easy lol 

Trying to do a trim setup with my dx6 and 200 srx. Been seeing videos with the original dx but not the spectrum 6 and it’s not working as per the videos 

Can someone kindly direct me to a setup please, tried searching but unsuccessful using the search in here.

Had a bump and now trying to get it flying smooth after being unstable. 

See video if it loads of possible serve issue. In beginner mode doesn’t seem to recenter at all ☹️

https://streamable.com/e95v12

Thanks

Im not familliar with tha heli butI think your right safe mode doesnt seem to be enabled 

What 6 is it ie DX6, DX6i, DX6G2/3

Safe is usually gear channel 

have you checked the settings in the manual ?

I use a DX8 G2 so not sure how you would set it up on a DX6 🍻

Hi Storm,

Thanks for the help. 

It’s a gen 2 dx6, skmiliar set up to the 9 from what I have read. I have just binded it to the 200 with spectrum settings for the dx6 and some say try dx9. 

As per link I am attempting step 8 and the swash plate does not do a rotation, does nothing at all 🤷🏻‍♂️Wonder if it’s different for a dx6 and the original LP6DSM dx?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/demandware.static/Sites-horizon-us-Site/Sites-horizon-master/default/Manuals/BLH2000-Advanced_Settings_and_Setup_Guide.pdf

Safe mode would only be enabled when I flicked the switch on the dx would it not? 

Update. 

Did a servo neutral adjustment on the elevator servo, trying to get it to switch to the aileron one now. 

When desk top flying (no blades) the aileron just goes to the bottom until throttle is reduced to stop. Maybe need to neutral position that one too. 

Think I have found the issue?

When doing the servo adjustment it is only doing the jumping on one servo, moved the servos across to see if that did the other one. 

Nothing happened. So maybe looking at a faulty servo which I have just bought new!

Are you by any chance a member of Helifreak forum as well ?

does the heli manual not tell you how to set up for DX6 G2 ?

you could swap connection  of the suspected faulty servo with the known good servo and see if you get same result 🍻

Yes. I have joined them too before here as I was getting no response either, maybe as it’s the holidays lol

I'll just be patient for now. May have to take it to my local shop for them to give it the once over. 

I have changed them over and the servo that was working fails to and the other one enables which to me shows a fault on the receiver.

However I think it may be intermittent, as it works now. Going to do the whole neutral servo and trim again see what happens. Only got one servo last time to jump around. 

Took blades off again and heli wanted to hard left and smash into the table. Things ready to be sold I tell ya lol 

will have a look at manual tomorrow sometime as a bit knackered at moment 🍻

i know some of the blade models you need to tell it if its a computer radio or not and when you bind it the rudder stick is either left or right so i would recheck bind instructions in manual just in case its that :thumbsup: