• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing around Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

propaintballa

Hey guys,

I am looking for some casual bashing spots around Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire. I've seen a few threads on here regarding the same subject but they are all quite old, so thought I would start a new one. 

I have been up to the old coal storage bits in Ilkeston a couple of times. American adventure, though would have been awesome, now appears to be under development so is inaccessible. I know of a couple of BMX tracks, which are great as long as there is no one around. Would really appreciate anyone sharing their spots! 

Locations

I will be updating this list as people make suggestions 🙂

1. Land next to Rolls-Royce (Hucknall) - https://goo.gl/maps/kNH9zjE6XZuyg4tJ8
  2. Patch next to Nutbrook Aggregates - https://goo.gl/maps/AAXFPVSScBqVm5g19
  3. Mansfield Desert (?) - https://goo.gl/maps/ezSXbrEtZkoDzgx38
  4. Potentially abandoned quarry near Elvaston - https://goo.gl/maps/E2RiLtpyPUJ96JfR7
  5. Quarry next to Crich Memorial (Matlock) - https://goo.gl/maps/s5Jn8eK76JEzD8xL8
  6. Old coal storage area (West Hallam) - https://goo.gl/maps/aGkJdECR6PabKj6B7
Edited by propaintballa
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mack1 said:

Is the airfield in Ashbourne accessible/feasible to you.  I know there is model plane flying from there so maybe room for rc cars?

Thanks for the suggestion, however I am looking for something more along the lines of disused quarry/random pieces of land rather than a club :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, thank you for the suggestion, that actually looks perfect!

It's a little far from me so might be a bit risky justifying it in the current climate, which is a shame. I will definitely add this to the list for the (hopefully) near future though! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2021 at 12:07, propaintballa said:

Hey guys,

I am looking for some casual bashing spots around Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire. I've seen a few threads on here regarding the same subject but they are all quite old, so thought I would start a new one. 

I have been up to the old coal storage bits in Ilkeston a couple of times. American adventure, though would have been awesome, now appears to be under development so is inaccessible. I know of a couple of BMX tracks, which are great as long as there is no one around. Would really appreciate anyone sharing their spots! 

Pretty same question I was going to ask 😆

I know that area you mentioned in Ilkeston,  the coal works and was there a few weeks ago.

Been to Shepshed bmx track but it was a bit brutal on the car.

Was wondering about the 'desert at Mansfield,  don't if you can still go there but I've never been,  anyone know ?.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 23:13, Bozzy said:

Pretty same question I was going to ask 😆

I know that area you mentioned in Ilkeston,  the coal works and was there a few weeks ago.

Been to Shepshed bmx track but it was a bit brutal on the car.

Was wondering about the 'desert at Mansfield,  don't if you can still go there but I've never been,  anyone know ?.

I had not heard of "Mansfield Desert" until now. I had a quick look but couldn't find where it is. Was just looking at the map around Mansfield and saw this place: https://goo.gl/maps/jGGV7mvuZtc9jQ4s8 Not sure if it is the "desert", but looks exactly like the kind of thing I am after.

That is nearly an hour away from me though, but looks like it might be worth a trip to every now and again! 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Frindal said:

Few spots around Ilkeston.

B6CB6E7B-12EB-4B6A-8BCA-BA158FFC222C.MOVUnavailable

52.9440289, -1.2864361

52.9775621, -1.3376072

52.9766510, -1.3348191

Another spot in Nottingham.

53.0183146, -1.2135373

Best place I found so far is near Thorne M18.

53.5718380, -0.9950452

Hey,

Thanks for this! I already knew about the spot next to the Newdigate arms, but the others look great! Have you ever had any issues at these locations? I can imagine the one near Rolls-Royce being quite well patrolled as it looks like land that is being expanded into?  

Edited by propaintballa

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey everyone ,

Im in this area, and i had secret track built on the old stanton ironworks  land but pretty sure it would be gone now due to the recent development

im gonna  start a new one as soon as i have found a decent location, (v soon)....as i prefer to develop a spot locally rather than drive around looking for them

il post the location on here once its up and running and your welcome to come help or just bash some laps out!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, seandoyle said:

Hey everyone ,

Im in this area, and i had secret track built on the old stanton ironworks  land but pretty sure it would be gone now due to the recent development

im gonna  start a new one as soon as i have found a decent location, (v soon)....as i prefer to develop a spot locally rather than drive around looking for them

il post the location on here once its up and running and your welcome to come help or just bash some laps out!

That sounds great. Admittedly I haven't taken the cars out for a good while, but still on the lookout for good spots and would definitely be up for coming along if you manage to find a new location!

• 10 months later...
On 05/12/2021 at 17:15, seandoyle said:

Hey everyone ,

Any updates dude?

• 2 weeks later...

So crich memorial is closed tuesdays and wednesdays and the quarry is visible below the memorial but seems inaccessible. It appears about 200ft below a cliff edge. The gate mentioned above is locked and wired and is a long way from the quarry below.  Unless want to scale a locked gate in front of multiple ex servicemen, presumable committing trespass, descend a 200ft cliff face this area is not suitable. Also the quarry at Aston on Trent/ Elvaston Castle is very much open and not deserted. 

if anyone knows another way of accessing Crich please comment! I’ll be interested to know. 

• 3 weeks later...

The Mansfield Dessert is fantastic for bashing. Head for the golf course or Mansfield rugby club and follow your nose down a horrendous dirt track. Then use your brain/google maps to trek across to it once you’ve managed to park up. Someone had told me subsequently the Limes Cafe (wherever that is?) is the best approach angle. Either way massive area. Jumps and tracks and space everywhere. Presumably it’s an old gravel pit or quarry.