• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

25 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

got about 450wt in mine, but i just dont use it, its just an upgrade money pit shelf queen, needs to go

Cheers mate, haven't decided if mines a keeper yet.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stretch said:

What weight shock oil are people running?

Stock I was running 20wt. When I filed a flat on the pistons I removed too much material so now I'm running 45wt to compensate. I'm finally happy with how the shocks are running 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right tried 20wt and I don't get any usual rebound without the spring on (well on 2 of the shocks it did once but that was it) and they feel terrible. What mods do I need to do to improve them or can someone recommend and el cheapo eBay/Amazon shocks?

16478005277298913937233167838433.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, stretch said:

Right tried 20wt and I don't get any usual rebound without the spring on (well on 2 of the shocks it did once but that was it) and they feel terrible. What mods do I need to do to improve them or can someone recommend and el cheapo eBay/Amazon shocks?

16478005277298913937233167838433.jpg

i would junk these shocks, i had mine kinda working then one ripped apart hence i have decided to sell mine, but if i were keeping it i would get these for it https://www.injora.com/products/2pcs-90-120mm-shock-absorber-damper-for-1-10-rc-crawler?variant=39449068011568

Is that how all of the shocks are assembled? Those 'O' rings and black 'top hats' should all be in the bottom section of the shock.

This picture from the manual is how they should be assembled. Try that first and see if it improves things.

136075202_Shockassembly.thumb.png.2849d25ac3d3aa8f9e988087321d013b.png

You may need to lightly sand the piston (part no 230041)to a slightly smaller diameter in order for it to slide smoothly and not bind inside the body.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

i would junk these shocks, i had mine kinda working then one ripped apart hence i have decided to sell mine, but if i were keeping it i would get these for it https://www.injora.com/products/2pcs-90-120mm-shock-absorber-damper-for-1-10-rc-crawler?variant=39449068011568

They are absolute junk, thanks for the link I will check them out as think I spotted them on amazon.

15 hours ago, MrPeaski said:

Is that how all of the shocks are assembled? Those 'O' rings and black 'top hats' should all be in the bottom section of the shock.

This picture from the manual is how they should be assembled. Try that first and see if it improves things.

136075202_Shockassembly.thumb.png.2849d25ac3d3aa8f9e988087321d013b.png

You may need to lightly sand the piston (part no 230041)to a slightly smaller diameter in order for it to slide smoothly and not bind inside the body.

Just checked and the person who built them (was second hand) put all the rings and hats in the top section ie before putting the shaft into the body 😆

Edited by stretch
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Is it 90mm I need?

8 hours ago, stretch said:

Is it 90mm I need?

Depends on how the new shocks are measured, eye centre to eye centre they should be 90mm, but if total overall extended length then 100mm.

Just followed the link from @Jack Reacher and you'll need the 90mm ones

• 4 weeks later...

do trx4 shocks fit the dc1?

had my dc1 out recently with my dads new trx6 and before that his trx4, the traxxas shocks are amazing compared to the dc1 shocks, if they fit im gonna buy a set for my dc1 but will they fit? 🙂

Edited by Yrkoon

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

but do they fit?

Have a look way back on page 8 of this thread where I was looking at Gmade piggy back shock as a possible upgrade.

@everclear1984 mentioned TRX 4 shocks and linked to their GTS shocks, also, @Jimboi linked to the Element enduro shocks as an option.

I went with Gmade XD Aeration shocks which work great, but need modified upper mounts to fit.

Pinch the ones of your dad's for a test run 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrPeaski said:

Have a look way back on page 8 of this thread where I was looking at Gmade piggy back shock as a possible upgrade.

@everclear1984 mentioned TRX 4 shocks and linked to their GTS shocks, also, @Jimboi linked to the Element enduro shocks as an option.

I went with Gmade XD Aeration shocks which work great, but need modified upper mounts to fit.

Pinch the ones of your dad's for a test run 🤣

Hehe cheers bud 🙂

Impressive printing. How long did that take to produce, ignoring all the work to prep it once it comes off the printer?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dazbolt said:

It took around 100hrs to print, I slowed the print speed so to keep the fine details. I’ve just broke out the kitchen scales and it weighs 14oz, less than I thought if I’m honest.  

300 grams? for real that is lighter than lexan? What is the infill and wall thickness please? Last question i promise! Epic stuff!