• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

44 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Definately diferent :good:

Not too keen on the back end but will do until I get the 110 mounted !  Actually been looking at the proline rock van body for something a little different  

56 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Looking good mate :good:

I think it will look alright when finished. Although my lad has asked me to do a jurassic park themed body for it now! So may look for another body to do that 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Larger wheels fitted today, I'm much happier with the way it looks now 🙂

IMG_20211116_130001

Even managed to get out for a quick run

IMG20211116133550

IMG20211116133750

IMG20211116133020

Nice, it needs larger tyres, i have new wheels for mine and decided to just order 2 pairs of original DC1 tyres, they should arrive in next day or so

• Like 1

I fitted other wheels and larger tires to mine a month or so back but havnt had chance try it out yet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HHK8NLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I always felt that the chinese swampers were a bit on small side 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I fitted other wheels and larger tires to mine a month or so back but havnt had chance try it out yet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HHK8NLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I always felt that the chinese swampers were a bit on small side 

your right about the chinese swampers, thats what i have on mine till the new boots arrive, i hope the stock DC1 tyres prove decent and grippy, but should be fine as i am mainly trail driving it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Good vid again mate :good:

I thought you were in as much danger of getting stuck as well as the truck :rofl:

Your dogs lovely as well tho 😘 

Thanks mate. Yeah I nearly lost a shoe a couple of time lol

Lola (the dog) is great with the crawler but if I try to take her out with the fast cars she'll destroy them!

I've decided it's time for a new body shell 🙂 As much as I like the attention to detail on the stock body I feel like making it my own.

I follow a youtuber who owns a  beat up Toyota Forerunner and I'd like to somewhat replicate it. Currently waiting for the Proline body to come back into stock so I can get cracking!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I've decided it's time for a new body shell 🙂 As much as I like the attention to detail on the stock body I feel like making it my own.

I follow a youtuber who owns a  beat up Toyota Forerunner and I'd like to somewhat replicate it. Currently waiting for the Proline body to come back into stock so I can get cracking!

I think the new carisma scale Ford f-150 can be made to fit

On 19/11/2021 at 18:59, Jack Reacher said:

Not so happy, ordered a set of genuine Hobao DC1 tyres on sunday from an ebay seller, and i get an email to say seller is posting this item, so gonna be best part of another week, that is poor service and will be reflected in the feedback i leave

never got the dc1 stock tyres, seller sent refund yesterday saying out of stock, this is 6 days after i get item shipped email, so bought some generic 114mm cheap tyres from a decent ebay seller that should be here early part of next week

• Sad 2