• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

it does sit more forward than original bumper as winch sits at back of bumper 

ohh just noticed its gone up in price as i paid about 23 or 27 quid for mine :insane:

Edited by Stormbringer

On 12/09/2021 at 13:39, everclear1984 said:

A trail truck that's capable of some light crawling. I think it's price point puts it firmly in the buy and build on it category.

I really fancy a 2-speed truck and the build kit is now under £200 on modelsport, I’m really very tempted indeed…

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

its a good kit and you get a decent trail/crawler truck out of it as well 

I do love a good build, can’t say I’m completely crazy about the G wagon body, but I really like the idea of Hobao kit as I love the quality of my Hyper 7

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

I’m guessing you mean £400, but bare in mind I’m looking at the kit, so still need to add paint and electronics - but still saving £130 off rrp

I paid £249 for my kit in November last year. That £50 saving will get a nice HW 1080 ESC  with some change 👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

I’m guessing you mean £400, but bare in mind I’m looking at the kit, so still need to add paint and electronics - but still saving £130 off rrp

I meant £40 more - correct it above - kit was £240

44 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

What is the wheelbase?  Not listed on modelsport. 

Is it a standard 313mm?

I believe its 313mm yes, so lots of bodies can fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Cool, I wasn’t sure if you had kit or RTR as that’s around £400

I'm not saying what I paid for my RTR it was new in box and very close to kit price, don't be put of by the body she'll, it grows on you, I rather like the shell, it's well detailed and sturdy

I really am very seriously tempted and figure I’m already bought into 1/10 scale crawling in a pretty big way and can easily share wheels/tyres around etc

With the DC1 as more of a trail truck in the quiver I could then concentrate on making the Sendero more crawling specific and the Carisma Rangey more of a scaler, and of course Krystal will always be Krystal….   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

I really am very seriously tempted and figure I’m already bought into 1/10 scale crawling in a pretty big way and can easily share wheels/tyres around etc

With the DC1 as more of a trail truck in the quiver I could then concentrate on making the Sendero more crawling specific and the Carisma Rangey more of a scaler, and of course Krystal will always be Krystal….   😂

If you interested in a DC1, I am thing thinking of selling mine, it is the kit version with alloy wheels, hw 1080 esc, high torgue servo, 4 link suspension with servo mount on the axle, 27 turn brushed motor, the car has only run 2 times.

I  can sell it for £250, shipping is a bit high because I live in the netherlands but I can ship it for £23

@everclear1984 youve changed the decals looks good but it looked good before lol :rofl:

@walkbythesea i dont think youl go far wrong with the DC1 kit mate i really enjoyed building mine and only real downside is the stock shocks and quite a few aftermarket parts fit it as well :good:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

@everclear1984 youve changed the decals looks good but it looked good before lol :rofl:

@walkbythesea i dont think youl go far wrong with the DC1 kit mate i really enjoyed building mine and only real downside is the stock shocks and quite a few aftermarket parts fit it as well :good:

I've really liked the Mountain Rescue decals, I just fancied a change 🙂 Decided to make it look more like a truck I'd own lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

I've really liked the Mountain Rescue decals, I just fancied a change 🙂 Decided to make it look more like a truck I'd own lol

Other day i spotted a 1;1 chevy Suburban in red with white lettering think that was mountain rescue looked ace