• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

Here's my kit build. Upgrades so far include 4 link front suspension kit with servo on axle, winch, light bar, aluminium beadlocks with Super Swamper knockoffs, dual stroke shock springs and the biggest "performance" upgrade of them all.... Master Cheif driver!

IMG20201212133101IMG_20201224_144253_596IMG20201228184556

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Did you go back to the original bumper for fitting the winch ?

I did 👍 Good fitting bumpers are hard to find because of the shape of the body.  I trimmed the winch bumper to make it fit, but with the winch fitted it stuck out way too far and just looked silly.  Apparently the RC4WD  Marlin bumper is a good fit, bloody expensive though!

• Like 1

Spent way too long on this tonight and now that it's done, I'm really not happy with it. Turns out I can't cut a straight line for $#@t!

What do you guys think to the decals, yes or no? Maybe I'll just remove some of the ones I'm not happy with and keep the others.

IMG_20210103_210637_268

IMG_20210103_210337_665

• Like 3

Straight lines are over-rated @Stormbringer. Not much in this life is straightforward and you won’t notice when it is muddy!

But it might bother you when it is on the shelf!

I like it, suits the utilitarian nature of the body.

Keep ‘em for now, fix it at your leisure.

• Like 1

it is quicker in high gear maybe 25-40% more hard to say as only ran in garden and im running mine on 2s 🍻

fitted winch with controller , wp gear change servo and shackles took ages  lol 😂

7RPt2vz.jpg

• Like 2

I'm just curious that's all. Single speed is fine for crawling but nice having an extra boost of speed if needed. Just wish it has remote locking diffs. The Sherpa does but that's portals and I'm just not sure I want another portal rig.

These is a bargain at 250 at MS.

2 minutes ago, Derka said:

I'm just curious that's all. Single speed is fine for crawling but nice having an extra boost of speed if needed. Just wish it has remote locking diffs. The Sherpa does but that's portals and I'm just not sure I want another portal rig.

Damm good kit as well didnt have any problems putting it together really enjoyable build 🍻

54 minutes ago, Derka said:

I plan to pick up a second one at some point, it's rugged and cheap enough that I won't worry about the kids driving it. I run mine on 3s and have never felt the need for the gear change, it was definitely more useful on 2s.

• Like 1