• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hobao DC1 Owners

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

got a trailer for it of Amazon and it looks quite nice hooked up to the DC1 :thumbsup:

will need to trundle it about the garden later 🍻

OGDcxMU.jpg

Nice! I like it 👍 I've been wanting a trailer to tow my Savage to and from bash spots but it would have to be HUGE. It's about the same wheelbase as the DC1, but much wider.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These arrived today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402579315312

I felt the Swampers were a tad on small side for the DC1 and these 1's are almost same size as the originals and fill the arches a bit better whether as good as the Chinese Swampers we will see but were fine in garden tonight  couple of pics showing them on car🍻

0lc3oIT.jpg

o22IoyM.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Bit deeper than expected! Still powered through though 😄

IMG_20210130_19402466

I'll post some footage soon

The footage, as promised 🙂

Edited by everclear1984
  • Like 2

the more i see it the more impressed i am with what it can handle just wish lock down would ease so i can get somewhere with mine to really try it out :good:

really likeing the decals youve used as well :cheers:

5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

the more i see it the more impressed i am with what it can handle just wish lock down would ease so i can get somewhere with mine to really try it out :good:

really likeing the decals youve used as well :cheers:

It's a very capable truck. I'm still not happy with the shocks though, I see an upgrade coming in the not so distant future. I'm much happier with the decals now that they're a bit dirty, I really wasn't sure on them at first.

🤫 Can't seem to get rid of this guy?!

• Like 1

Great looking trucks, I'm hoping to be getting one myself in the near future.

I've had a look at both @Stormbringer and @everclear1984 build threads, but neither mention things like shock oil, diff grease or window masks.

Are they within the build kit or are these things I would need to get at the time of ordering.  Any recommendations/links etc

As with both of the above builds, id go for the Hobbywing Quicrun 1080 ESC and 35T motor and similar servos

2s or 3s battery?

Any advice would be appreciated

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MrPeaski said:

Great looking trucks, I'm hoping to be getting one myself in the near future.

I've had a look at both @Stormbringer and @everclear1984 build threads, but neither mention things like shock oil, diff grease or window masks.

Are they within the build kit or are these things I would need to get at the time of ordering.  Any recommendations/links etc

As with both of the above builds, id go for the Hobbywing Quicrun 1080 ESC and 35T motor and similar servos

2s or 3s battery?

Any advice would be appreciated

Everything you need is in the kit, except for electrics. I run 3s because I find 2s under powered when the going gets really rough, though for general trail use 2s would be plenty.

• Like 2