• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LC Racing EMB-T Kit

bertberr

15 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

I haven’t noticed any leaking so far, but I haven’t had them apart for a while, one thing to do is to fit an extra bearing on the slipper shaft, I will see if I can find a picture of when I did mine, it’s in the main LC Racing thread.

Many thanks once again! Do you have the bearing size by any chance? I'm assuming a rubber sealed item will do?

On the subject of bearings, and gears, is it a good idea to lightly coat them with something like diff grease (silicone)?

25 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Many thanks once again! Do you have the bearing size by any chance? I'm assuming a rubber sealed item will do?

On the subject of bearings, and gears, is it a good idea to lightly coat them with something like diff grease (silicone)?

I usually dab a small amount on any bearings that are on the gearbox etc.

photos attached that should help with sizes

C8F8B76F-6FE7-4459-8813-3B988AAB79A9.jpeg

C89F826C-C53C-4BEA-A761-813A0A153504.jpeg

emb-1hk_manual_2.0.pdf

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

I usually dab a small amount on any bearings that are on the gearbox etc.

photos attached that should help with sizes

C8F8B76F-6FE7-4459-8813-3B988AAB79A9.jpeg

C89F826C-C53C-4BEA-A761-813A0A153504.jpeg

emb-1hk_manual_2.0.pdfUnavailable

It must be fate! I ordered two, one of which is for my SC10 belt pulley, the other spare.

Re fluids, I think I have everything covered here? Grateful of your thoughts:

ALPHA SILICONE SHOCK OIL - 450 CPS (60CC) - Front shocks

ALPHA SILICONE SHOCK OIL - 500 CPS (60CC) - Rear shocks

PREMIUM BLACK GREASE (8CC) - General bearing lubrication

HOBBYTECH - SILICONE DIFFERENTIAL OIL - 5000CPS (70ML) - Front and rear diffs

15 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

It must be fate! I ordered two, one of which is for my SC10 belt pulley, the other spare.

Re fluids, I think I have everything covered here? Grateful of your thoughts:

ALPHA SILICONE SHOCK OIL - 450 CPS (60CC) - Front shocks

ALPHA SILICONE SHOCK OIL - 500 CPS (60CC) - Rear shocks

PREMIUM BLACK GREASE (8CC) - General bearing lubrication

HOBBYTECH - SILICONE DIFFERENTIAL OIL - 5000CPS (70ML) - Front and rear diffs

Spot on, you can experiment from there, if you want, you’ll have to post some pics of the build/finished car.👍

37 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

Spot on, you can experiment from there, if you want, you’ll have to post some pics of the build/finished car.👍

Just spoke with Darren at DMS  before placing  the order and he reckons (based upon general bashing duties):

Front shocks - 450

Rear shocks - 350

Front diff - 5000

Rear diff - 3000

Does this sound reasonable? I ask as you mentioned earlier 5k in both diffs, possibly going to 10k when you rebuild?

Pics, of course! It would be rude not too 👍

Edited by Rebel158

14 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Just spoke with Darren at DMS  before placing  the order and he reckons (based upon general bashing duties):

Front shocks - 450

Rear shocks - 350

Front diff - 5000

Rear diff - 3000

Does this sound reasonable? I ask as you mentioned earlier 5k in both diffs, possibly going to 10k when you rebuild?

Pics, of course! It would be rude not too 👍

To be fair it’s been absolutely fine for me, I was only thinking 10k if there was any leakage, but not seen any signs yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ag100 said:

To be fair it’s been absolutely fine for me, I was only thinking 10k if there was any leakage, but not seen any signs yet.

Good point! I did mention potential leakage to him as I know the diff/gearbox housing is not stictly speaking 'sealed', and he did say to check that the casing fit flush, and that it might require some light filing and a coat of black grease at the seams for good measure.

3 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Good point! I did mention potential leakage to him as I know the diff/gearbox housing is not stictly speaking 'sealed', and he did say to check that the casing fit flush, and that it might require some light filing and a coat of black grease at the seams for good measure.

Just double checked, I am running 350 front shocks and 400 rear, so opposite to what Darren suggests, may try it his way.

Just now, Ag100 said:

Just double checked, I am running 350 front shocks and 400 rear, so opposite to what Darren suggests, may try it his way.

I'm a complete novice at this... When we spoke he said always use the higher viscosity in the front and lower at the rear, for both shocks and diffs as it aids handling, power delivery, and traction.

I also mentioned that some people were running say 5k in both diffs, and in sme cases around 7k to 10k, and he thought this was too high, and suggested 3k in the rear diff and 5k in the front. I asked if 3k was too thin and he said no, he had run as low as 1k with no issues, but the 3k/5k split was a good all rounder for these models.

I'm going to give his numbers a shot, and I probably won't know/notice the difference. I don't race after all, nor do I drive particularly well, so the precision might be wasted on me 😂

34 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

I'm a complete novice at this... When we spoke he said always use the higher viscosity in the front and lower at the rear, for both shocks and diffs as it aids handling, power delivery, and traction.

I also mentioned that some people were running say 5k in both diffs, and in sme cases around 7k to 10k, and he thought this was too high, and suggested 3k in the rear diff and 5k in the front. I asked if 3k was too thin and he said no, he had run as low as 1k with no issues, but the 3k/5k split was a good all rounder for these models.

I'm going to give his numbers a shot, and I probably won't know/notice the difference. I don't race after all, nor do I drive particularly well, so the precision might be wasted on me 😂

I’m pretty much a novice too, I didn’t know that about the suspension. Darren knows his stuff, so his settings will be far better than mine, perhaps I need to change mine.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Does anyone know if the a battery sized 112x36x26 will fit in the truggy? 

I have one that size and it fits (just) but it’s fine, that’s probably the biggest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

I have one that size and it fits (just) but it’s fine, that’s probably the biggest 

Perfect, and many thanks once again 👍

19 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

This is the one I was considering. Slightly larger than the 3s that you linked to, earlier in the thread, and with a higher C rating. Not sure if that's necessary with these little beasts?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-3s-45-90c-lipo-pack.html

I'm also considering  this 2s, again slightly higher C rating.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2250mah-2s-65-130c-lipo-pack.html

Edited by Rebel158

Oooh, one further question. The kit version I'm going for comes with a Hobbywing 60a esc. Does anyone know which battery connector is fitted as standard to the esc? The battery packs I'm going for have XT60 connections, so I may need to chop the esc connectors and fit a male XT60...

Edited by Rebel158

5 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Oooh, one further question. The kit version I'm going for comes with a Hobbywing 60a esc. Does anyone know which battery connector is fitted as standard to the esc? The battery packs I'm going for have XT60 connections, so I may need to chop the esc connectors and fit a male XT60...

Not sure, I think they may come with a deans, but can’t be certain, I use XT60 and bought my ESC separately, and soldered them on, worth getting anyway, always handy to have some

• Like 1

Just checked, I have the 3s 45-90 c you have linked, so that is fine. And the 2 s is 35-70c.

Perfect! The 2s I linked to is a 65-130. I would have thought this is fine being 2s, or do we think the 35-70 is more suitable?

2 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Perfect! The 2s I linked to is a 65-130. I would have thought this is fine being 2s, or do we think the 35-70 is more suitable?

I think generally the higher c rating the better, I would have gone for that had it been out at the time

• Thanks 1

I think generally the higher c rating the better, I would have gone for that had it been out at the time

Many thanks once again Ag, you've been a great help to me, very much appreciated 👍

7 minutes ago, Rebel158 said:

Many thanks once again Ag, you've been a great help to me, very much appreciated 👍

No problem, I really enjoyed building mine, looking forward to getting it out again soon. Look forward to seeing yours👍

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

No problem, I really enjoyed building mine, looking forward to getting it out again soon. Look forward to seeing yours👍

This will be my first kit, and 'from scratch' build. I've learnt a lot stripping down the SC10 but have long wanted to build a proper kit. I'll definitely get some pics up once complete. When that is I have no idea... Darren advises me that he has a consignment currently stuck in customs... So until then, I'll have my nose pressed against the window waiting 😏

Edited by Rebel158
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, bertberr said:

No mate, bought the HBX 16890 truggy in the end. Bit smaller but for a skate park basher, it's been ideal. May get a 1/14 LC in future, but have too much on the go outside RC at present 😥

getting the truggy version and thinking about converting it to mt and see what that is like. i have a feeling the truggy would handle better than mt but the mt looks really good.