• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LC Racing EMB-T Kit

bertberr

I know a few peeps on here have had either the EMB buggy or truggy, but did anybody have the kit version, from new, so built it up themselves?  If so, what was the build like?  Really like the look of them, only reservation being I know that some smaller kits can be quite frustrating, particularly for those of us with less than perfect eyesight...  And what about diffs?  Read couple of reviews saying they leaked badly - anyone else experience this?

• Like 1

The diffs aren’t sealed, so they should really only be filled with grease or heavy oil, also the diffs have tiny little c clips which can be a pain, but if you take your time they are easy enough, apart from that it’s a cool little Truggy 👌 

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, doesn't sound too frustrating a build then, I just know that I can occasionally get a little cross when digging about in my 1/18 diffs, but appreciate this is a fair bit bigger than that.  Tell me, would the HW 16BL30 be man enough in this with a circa 3100kv 2845 can on 3S?

• Like 1

I run the 10BL60, I think this is quite well regarded and most I have seen run this, though the kit I had came with the 30amp one, so It will be fine I guess

Edited by Ag100

OK, that's good to know, thanks.  I have a spare 10BL60 and a 16BL30, and the 60 is a LOT bigger than the 30, in fact its a lot bigger than my sensored quicrun 60a, and seeing as this rig is only a little'un, I thought the smaller 30 may be the best bet.  I have options though, which is never a bad thing!  

Just now, bertberr said:

OK, that's good to know, thanks.  I have a spare 10BL60 and a 16BL30, and the 60 is a LOT bigger than the 30, in fact its a lot bigger than my sensored quicrun 60a, and seeing as this rig is only a little'un, I thought the smaller 30 may be the best bet.  I have options though, which is never a bad thing!  

Yes it’s big, but you can squeeze it in, without fan it will fit between motor and servo, or on the top deck, though depends on the body as to where it goes, have a look at my Instagram @uk_rc_adventures I documented the build on there.

25 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Ok I'll do that. Out of interest do you know the battery tray dimensions, and what the max depth / height can be fitted under stock body?

It’s actually more the top deck that restricts the battery height, I run the Turnigy Nanotech 2200 mah 2s and a Turnigy Nanotech 2200 mah 3s both fit fine.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=a249eb465852bafc05796e73cb8ca9f0&objectID=30638&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products 

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-2200mah-3s-35-70c-lipo-pack.html?queryID=666dcefe6873761f08c267e037728ed8&objectID=30640&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

others have used this hard pack https://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=28650&virtuemart_category_id=15

9 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

You will need to cut away a bit of the battery tray to fit these, very easy to do, it’s just the two ears (one at each end) 

mine is slightly different, I used the Losi mini 8ight battery tray with a few mods

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for the pics, that puts my mind at rest, its those 35-70c 3S packs that I currently have four of without a home, hence my desire to go 3S & circa 3000kv.  

Do you have the buggy as well as the truggy?  If so thoughts between the two?   I want something I can sling in my rucksack and take on a walk with the family, and use (carefully) at the local skate park.

I have the Buggy, probably the Truggy is best suited for what you are looking for, mine is fine on cut grass, anything too long and the motor gets hot, great on gravel and anything like that too.

That looks very neat.  Was it the kit? Guessing so from the grey body.  What elecs did u go with? Body looks a lot like a shrunken Losi 5ive T, where did u buy from - DMS or abroad?

Edited by bertberr

34 minutes ago, bertberr said:

That looks very neat.  Was it the kit? Guessing so from the grey body.  What elecs did u go with? Body looks a lot like a shrunken Losi 5ive T, where did u buy from - DMS or abroad?

It from a company in the UK called Phat Bodies https://www.phatbodies.co.uk/product/phat-bodies-atak

they have some great bodies available for these.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Is DMS the only place to get these in the UK?

Do you mean the LC Racing cars?, I believe so, they are the importers, I got mine from there and Darren (The owner) was very helpful.

• Thanks 2

On 26/12/2020 at 15:29, bertberr said:

Was all purchased from dms racing. I bought it as an artr for £155. Electrics are stock it's a bl30 ESC and a 4500kv motor. Goes like stink on 2s and is nuts on 3s

Edited by tanveer
  • Like 2

Guys, do you reckon I'd notice much difference / improvement with the truggy over the buggy for skate park use?  Buggy is 15 quid cheaper and if they perform about the same then I'd rather that was in my wallet, thanks

3 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Guys, do you reckon I'd notice much difference / improvement with the truggy over the buggy for skate park use?  Buggy is 15 quid cheaper and if they perform about the same then I'd rather that was in my wallet, thanks

I would say probably the Truggy then

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Morning Chaps, I've also posted this in another thread, and wasn't sure which would be the most appropriate...  I'm currently in the process of reviving my trusty, and nicely spec'd Team Associated SC10 4x4 and converting it into more of a basher (currently sat in pieces awaiting diff rebuilds, new motor, esc etc) but I digress...  I've always wanted something a little more compact and solid for general bashing duties, and which I can run at my local park without attracting the wrath of our prize dog owners and vegan buttermilk coffee slurping mummies. To be fair the dogs love chasing the car, as do the kids, but hey, I'd rather an easy life than telling people to do one and being branded a social pariah 😂

It was at the same park last weekend that I met a chap bashing this minute truggy, it was charging up mud ramps (the park has a small nature trail) flipping, tumbling, cart wheeling and coming back for more. After chewing his ear off and discovering that it was an LC Racing EMB1-T I was sold and had to have one!

I've been in contact with Darren at DMS Racing and they're currently out of stock (apparently they have a consignment stuck in customs, and expected any day) so I'm preparing my build list. I'ver decided to go all in and go for the EMB-TGH PRO - kit (Includes 60a ESC, Motor and Servo) and would really appreciate some guidance on the accepted best 'all-round' of the following please. The car will mainly be used on a mix of road, gravel, short grass etc:

Front and rear diff fluid weight/viscosity?

Front and rear shock fluid weight/viscosity?

Maximum battery size that can be fitted (length, height, width)?

Is grease required? If so what type?

Antyhing else that might be required to complete the build (apart from paint for the shell)

Cheers in advance 👍

• Like 1

I have the EMB-1H Buggy, so I think a shorter chassis than the Truggy?.

diff oil, up to you really, but I run 5k in both front and back, and had been fine for general driving, though I may use 10k when I next rebuild them, I used some Liqui Molly black grease in the gearbox on the pinions.

battery's, if you go up a few posts I linked to a few that fit.

shock oil, I used 40wt rear and 35wt front, again seems ok to me, but you may want to experiment.

other things for the build, some thread lock and some decent hexdrivera as the screws are very small.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ag100 said:

I have the EMB-1H Buggy, so I think a shorter chassis than the Truggy?.

diff oil, up to you really, but I run 5k in both front and back, and had been fine for general driving, though I may use 10k when I next rebuild them, I used some Liqui Molly black grease in the gearbox on the pinions.

battery's, if you go up a few posts I linked to a few that fit.

shock oil, I used 40wt rear and 35wt front, again seems ok to me, but you may want to experiment.

other things for the build, some thread lock and some decent hexdrivera as the screws are very small.

Many thanks for your reply, and for the much needed advice. The truggy is the larger of the two yes. 

That's  a great help and not far off what I was thinking in terms of the diff and shock fluids, although others have suggested 9k front and 7k rear, but I think this may more race oriented, and not plain old bashing as I have in mind.

Have you found the diff/gearboxes to leak with that viscosity at all?

Just now, Rebel158 said:

Many thanks for your reply, and for the much needed advice. The truggy is the larger of the two yes. 

That's  a great help and not far off what I was thinking in terms of the diff and shock fluids, although others have suggested 9k front and 7k rear, but I think this may more race oriented, and not plain old bashing as I have in mind.

Have you found the diff/gearboxes to leak with that viscosity at all?

I haven’t noticed any leaking so far, but I haven’t had them apart for a while, one thing to do is to fit an extra bearing on the slipper shaft, I will see if I can find a picture of when I did mine, it’s in the main LC Racing thread.

• Like 1