• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tony's Build Log - Arrma 1/8 Kraton 4WD EXB Extreme

Tony

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Tall Side Guards AR320352 fitted. Looks much better! That will reduce the crap going into the insides. 

IMG_20210105_162159.thumb.jpg.5f255dd082a25cce5249bb7fb3ce433e.jpg

That looks much better 👍

I’ll be adding these to mine at some point 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Callyakn said:

But arent they for an outkast?! Will they fit? 

See my build log's photos above - it fits fine.

Edited by Tony
  • Like 1

Finally managed to find the time to put the glue down yesterday. It's now all dired up and the body is now more flexible. 

First time of doing this so this may look a bit of a mess but the end result is a stronger body and I'm happy. 👍

IMG_20210107_082129.jpg

IMG_20210107_124759.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

These arrived today, which means I can now change the pinion size in the future, just need to decide on which one without overheating the motor too much! 

And this rear, side guards - should stop the dirt from entering. 👍 (one off Custom job from someone) - will take better photo once I have this fitted. 

IMG_20210128_164600.jpg

IMG_20210128_165009.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

A year and few months later, still good so far with my Kraton EXB. Nothing broken, body shell has taken loads of bashing with a few rips, & scratches but still good.

Really pleased with it. 🙂

• Like 3

I've just joined this forum. Great reading about your Kraton EXB as it's the same spec I went for, apart from the radio. I had the same experience with my first run and flipped it but unfortunately it was on tarmac so a nice bit of roof rash, along with the wing and front body post.

I've always been a little worried about motor temps but I recently did some flat out runs on a playing field and they were fine with a top speed of 57mph. It's a fantastic model, great fun and a bit nerve racking at times!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

With a broken wing mount, I've decided to go with this to make it more stronger as it looks decent. RPM only released this very recently and will be arriving in UK & will be stocked very soon.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/rpm-hd-wing-mount-system-black-1345889

Hopefully worth the purchase!

Edited by Tony
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2 years later and many bashes, the Etronix 30.3kg Servo has finally gave up! Not able to move it freely by hand so I'm assuming the gears has seized up.

Should I get the same one, or a better one? The response of it seems ok, but if there's a better & quicker one out there for around £30-£40, let me know!

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

2 years later and many bashes, the Etronix 30.3kg Servo has finally gave up! Not able to move it freely by hand so I'm assuming the gears has seized up.

Should I get the same one, or a better one? The response of it seems ok, but if there's a better & quicker one out there for around £30-£40, let me know!

For £30-40 you cant really do better than that. You got 2 years out of it. Id suggest something better, such as a JX 46kg, but even via Banggood theyre a bit over budget