• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Arrma Kraton EXB owners

8 hours ago, Rorys Breaker said:

Have a look at the t bone racing bumpers. Got the xv4 or something on mine. It’s really strong as I abuse the crap out of my noto 😅

Looks great, but out of stock everywhere 😞

38 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Looks great, but out of stock everywhere 😞

Ah that sucks. What about the Kraton EXB bumper? - I actually bought a spare to try on it but thought the Tbone looked a bit more aggressive so kept that on.

Yet to break my EXB’s bumper and I also abuse the crap out of that. There is a theme emerging here...

34 minutes ago, Guns said:

Max 8, 2200kv and 4S lipo’s… will it be painfully slow?

had this set up on my losi 8ight t and it was fast. which size pinny you be using? i was using 18 or 19.

Hi guys. Have noticed a few issues with the notorious V5...

Main one being the steering. There is no adjustment I can see on the servo saver, and the servo itself also seems under powered? Could just be a combination with f play in the servo mount and saver, but not sure. Has anyone advise on how to correct this please.

other issue is that one of the wheels came off whilst using. Put it back on without inspection, but the hex in the rim must have been stripped/damaged. Now I can’t get the wheel off as the wheel hex is spinning when holding the wheel to loosen the nut. Any help here would be appreciated please.

only other issue (to date) is the two bolts which go through the rear of the arms for the wheelie bar mount, through the shock tower and into the rear diff housing. I’ve sheered them off twice now. Both times I have been able to remove the tower and just get onto the remaining thread with grips to remove, reconstruct and replace. Has anyone else suffered this problem, and is there a cure other than to improve on my driving skills?

otherwise, it’s held up to some pretty serious abuse and has been great fun. I’m amazed nothing else has broken yet.

Edited by Ant.p

14 hours ago, Ant.p said:

Main one being the steering. There is no adjustment I can see on the servo saver, and the servo itself also seems under powered? Could just be a combination with f play in the servo mount and saver, but not sure. Has anyone advise on how to correct this please.

other issue is that one of the wheels came off whilst using. Put it back on without inspection, but the hex in the rim must have been stripped/damaged. Now I can’t get the wheel off as the wheel hex is spinning when holding the wheel to loosen the nut. Any help here would be appreciated please.

Best bit might be to take the arm apart and use something to clamp onto the driveshaft/drive cup then spin the nut.

only other issue (to date) is the two bolts which go through the rear of the arms for the wheelie bar mount, through the shock tower and into the rear diff housing. I’ve sheered them off twice now. Both times I have been able to remove the tower and just get onto the remaining thread with grips to remove, reconstruct and replace. Has anyone else suffered this problem, and is there a cure other than to improve on my driving skills?

Yeah this is a common issue. Not too much in the way of solutions, other than perhaps an after market wing mount, but the one that I recommend isn't really available in the UK at the moment (POS). I think some people have drilled them out to M4, but I don't think there is a "solution" to the issue completely.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

Best bit might be to take the arm apart and use something to clamp onto the driveshaft/drive cup then spin the nut.

Yeah this is a common issue. Not too much in the way of solutions, other than perhaps an after market wing mount, but the one that I recommend isn't really available in the UK at the moment (POS). I think some people have drilled them out to M4, but I don't think there is a "solution" to the issue completely.

Thank you for all the help. Will look into this next time I get a chance to tinker on the cars 👍🏻

To be fair, the EXB to my knowledge is a fair bit different to the Notorious? Maybe see if theres a thread for them?

Ive brought some BRAND NEW CopperHeadz wheels and tyres, the electrics are in the Maxx so Im going to put it up for sale I think….

Used EXB roller with NEW wheels and tyres

Outcast tall sides to keep the chassis cleaner
Longer screws for rear wing

M2C Shock Inserts (NIP)

RPM Rear Skid plate

3D Printed Rear Arm Mud Guarss

Spare Rear arm and dog bone

Boxed with instructions etc. Brought Jan 2021. Its used, shell has holes n cracks, and theres scratches/scuffs etc. Will get proper pictures etc. Its genuinely been used around 10 times, theres pretty much a picture of everytime Ive used it in this thread 

What price do we rekon?

35 minutes ago, Guns said:

To be fair, the EXB to my knowledge is a fair bit different to the Notorious? Maybe see if theres a thread for them?

I have hunted before. Perhaps I need to start a new thread specifically for it as I haven’t found one.

you’re right though, but I’ve previously posted here re the notorious in hope of some advice as I’m aware there are differences, but there are also similarities and at the very least, people who have experience with Arrma in general.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guns said:

It is a different truck, but it's not all that different to be honest. Other than the shorter wheelbase, and therefore driveshafts and braces, there's little else to it. The issues highlighted here are the same for Kraton and Notorious.

That said, don't be afraid to start a new thread. I'll sub and continue to poke my nose in despite not owning one 😄

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Ive brought some BRAND NEW CopperHeadz wheels and tyres, the electrics are in the Maxx so Im going to put it up for sale I think….

Used EXB roller with NEW wheels and tyres

Outcast tall sides to keep the chassis cleaner
Longer screws for rear wing

M2C Shock Inserts (NIP)

RPM Rear Skid plate

3D Printed Rear Arm Mud Guarss

Spare Rear arm and dog bone

Boxed with instructions etc. Brought Jan 2021. Its used, shell has holes n cracks, and theres scratches/scuffs etc. Will get proper pictures etc. Its genuinely been used around 10 times, theres pretty much a picture of everytime Ive used it in this thread 

What price do we rekon?

With the mudguards... £100m, don't take a penny less 😄

In all seriousness though if it's in decent nick then ~£300-350 maybe?

Edited by Paul Busby

11 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

It is a different truck, but it's not all that different to be honest. Other than the shorter wheelbase, and therefore driveshafts and braces, there's little else to it. The issues highlighted here are the same for Kraton and Notorious.

That said, don't be afraid to start a new thread. I'll sub and continue to poke my nose in despite not owning one 😄

With the mudguards... £100m, don't take a penny less 😄

In all seriousness though if it's in decent nick then ~£300-350 maybe?

Im at the low end. Id take £300 clear tbh

@Paul Busby circlips and pliers are on their way! Looking forward to getting them in to see if it works. Then there’s just the servo mount to reinforce/replace. 

re the wheel, I assumed it would be a case of clamping something on, but wondered if there was a trick I didn’t know about. For now it drives okay, so will address when I need to remove the wheel.

im curious about the alternative wing mount which is not available. Do you have any details so I could look into trying to source one please?

53 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

@Paul Busby circlips and pliers are on their way! Looking forward to getting them in to see if it works. Then there’s just the servo mount to reinforce/replace. 

re the wheel, I assumed it would be a case of clamping something on, but wondered if there was a trick I didn’t know about. For now it drives okay, so will address when I need to remove the wheel.

im curious about the alternative wing mount which is not available. Do you have any details so I could look into trying to source one please?

I thought the EXB Servo mount was good, no? I use a JBIRC one from CustomRC Upgrades, but there is a bunch of options out there.

https://www.pos-modellbau.de/

This is the guy that makes the really good parts. His shop has been closed a while though, so I wonder if he is only selling B2B now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I thought the EXB Servo mount was good, no? I use a JBIRC one from CustomRC Upgrades, but there is a bunch of options out there.

My servo is clearly moving. If I remember to, I’ll take a video and post next time I’m running it. There are no loose screws, so assume the mount isn’t quite man enough. The biggest problem which is hopefully to soon be cured is the servo saver though!

On 15/06/2021 at 20:29, Ant.p said:

My servo is clearly moving. If I remember to, I’ll take a video and post next time I’m running it. There are no loose screws, so assume the mount isn’t quite man enough. The biggest problem which is hopefully to soon be cured is the servo saver though!

Take the whole mount apart and put it back together with threadlock. I'm sure the EXB one is alloy, so it should be rock solid. Sounds like something is loose.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took my EXB out this morning and am starting to really fall in love with it now. It’s an absolute dream to drive 😍.

Got a hobby wing Max 6 combo in there and just geared the motor down to an 18t from 20t as it was just pulling the tires off the rims and getting so hot. Was worried it wouldn’t be so fast anymore but it’s still an absolute beast. Might keep it like this now even in the winter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rorys Breaker said:

Took my EXB out this morning and am starting to really fall in love with it now. It’s an absolute dream to drive 😍.

Got a hobby wing Max 6 combo in there and just geared the motor down to an 18t from 20t as it was just pulling the tires off the rims and getting so hot. Was worried it wouldn’t be so fast anymore but it’s still an absolute beast. Might keep it like this now even in the winter.

There’s one for sale very close to me. It’s ‘apparently’ only been through 3 packs and looks to be in mint condition. Comes with 2 new series 8000 gens ace bashing lipos, max 5 esc, 1100kv HW motor, Dumbo rc radio, 30t pinion and power hobby servo. £950, but assume they’d take £900. I think it’s a good price, but not 100% I should get one as I already have an Xmaxx in the arsenal.

4 hours ago, Ant.p said:

There’s one for sale very close to me. It’s ‘apparently’ only been through 3 packs and looks to be in mint condition. Comes with 2 new series 8000 gens ace bashing lipos, max 5 esc, 1100kv HW motor, Dumbo rc radio, 30t pinion and power hobby servo. £950, but assume they’d take £900. I think it’s a good price, but not 100% I should get one as I already have an Xmaxx in the arsenal.

That seems quite expensive to me, BUT it will be an absolute monster with that combo! 

2 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

That seems quite expensive to me, BUT it will be an absolute monster with that combo! 

Just been told I can’t give anymore reactions today? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I tried to like though!

the batteries cost £120 each alone, so with that in mind, I’d be getting the rest for about £660 if he took £900