• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

7 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Right nice video mate, the mods are working well on it, the transmission is proper noisy on these but gives it a kinda scale sound..........

yours is nice and shiny and i am wanting mine to look like a junker 

Thanks mate 👍🏻
Really pleased with it as it is now it gets up stuff that it couldn’t do on its last setup.

Looks brand new in the video but take it from me it’s not that shiny in real life it has  a canny few battle scars  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi @ Jack Reacher, do you rate the coyote above the texan, asking  as am thinking about another crawler, but am working to a budget, fancied the coyote on offer from Models port, but wondered about trying to stretch the budget to a texan 

Your advice would be appreciated 😊 

6 hours ago, wombat said:

Hi @ Jack Reacher, do you rate the coyote above the texan, asking  as am thinking about another crawler, but am working to a budget, fancied the coyote on offer from Models port, but wondered about trying to stretch the budget to a texan 

Your advice would be appreciated 😊 

overall yes i feel the coyote is the better of the trucks this is just my own opinion, they both have good points bad points but the coyote has always been a good truck, one thing that lets carisma down is slightly poor quality control on rtr models, nothing really bad just things like lack of grease so for me a coyote kit would be the only way forward i may end up selling the Texan to fund a coyote kit build, the tex has great suspension and plenty of power but things like the transmssion noise really bug me, both good rigs i dont think you would be unhappy with either model

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

As promised i have done the chassis and shock mod to my Texan, still needs fine tuning and need to order a cvd prop shaft for the rear so for now its front wheel drive

the rear ride height is out of kilter so need to play about with that, i made up a brass chassis brace but already re thinking that, for a tidier look using M3 threaded stud and brass tube (got the bits) 

A Huge and i really do mean huge thanks to @tomr for the push to do this and lots of other help mate your a true star

brace shocks.JPG

brace.JPG

links.JPG

wheelbase.JPG

You’re very welcome mate 👍🏻 
Even jacked up like that it already looks miles better with the dishies and stretched out .

What wheelbase did it end up at?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

@tomr it ended up at 310mm wheelbase so darn close to the magic 313, will work on it again tomrrow and sort ride height out and maybe redo chassis brace

You could  wind out the rod ends for the extra 3mm if you wanted to go NASA on it 😁

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

not sure if i fitted the long links correct, i put the "kink" end at front

Yeah I run mine the other way around but  good opportunity to add 3mm swapping them  👍🏻

• Like 1

final tweak for now remounted spare wheel to lower Cog a tiny bit, might not make a difference but looks better, should be a video at weekend if the new laptop arrives so i can go back to processing video stuff, got an Alloy back axle to fit at some point

Tex done for now.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...