• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

7 hours ago, Redback said:

y'all are NUTS!
Looks great jack, glad you went with black, suits it better than the chrome ones imo, let us know how it rolls, should help a bit with performance. What weight were the wheels?

they are about 180g with the tyre fitted, stock plastic wheel is about 125g with tyre

Can anyone confirm if these run a chassis mounted servo with 3 link front and pan hard bar please, I bought a FTX Geo which looks very similar but runs 4 link front with pan hard and chassis mounted servo which is strange 

5 hours ago, sunny said:

Can anyone confirm if these run a chassis mounted servo with 3 link front and pan hard bar please, I bought a FTX Geo which looks very similar but runs 4 link front with pan hard and chassis mounted servo which is strange 

No these are have the same setup as the Geo just with a shorter chassis and the cantilever rear suspension.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Had the Texan out at harden moor quarry this morning, i find it likes to tip over a fair bit and as such its slowly starting to get the "weathered look"

I might do a video for you tube but my laptop is playing up (cooling fan not working so might overheat), here are a few stills

tex crawl 2.JPG

tex crawl 3.JPG

tex crawl.JPG

Yeah mines been at the same weathering process 😁 Better with a few battle scars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

of you get a chance can you please post a pic of your top front links I'm sure the previous owner has put mine on wrong way or done something as axle is not sitting centred 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sunny said:

of you get a chance can you please post a pic of your top front links I'm sure the previous owner has put mine on wrong way or done something as axle is not sitting centred 

Here you go as promised, hope these help

links 2.JPG

links.JPG

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Here you go as promised, hope these help

links 2.JPG

links.JPG

thanks for the pics, yours seems to be running 4 link with no pan hard 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunny said:

thanks for the pics, yours seems to be running 4 link with no pan hard 

You can just see the pan hard behind the steering link in the first pic .

Yours may need adjusting to bring the axle into position?

Mine from the front 

DD7ED4F0-6803-4E85-917A-C878AA7F55D7.thumb.jpeg.32271efe54c963505005a0f7c3a7e45c.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

A few  alloy parts to add to the rear have arrived and a set of high clearance links, annoyingly I ordered them in 324mm, they’ll do  for my CRX now it’s getting a makeover as soon as I get the chance.

10570728-AE5F-4934-B86C-CF0C832841A3.thumb.jpeg.5f5df35976d6e35c99c886166dec3e01.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

That looks quite a bit offset hope they dont allow tyres to body rub to much

Nice wheels tho :good:

Yeah no probs mate it’s only got little front arches , should clear no sweat 👍🏻

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2