• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

10 hours ago, Redback said:

Good call, interested to hear what you think about them.
Front heavy for climbing is good, , i always felt the back was light, so it also got metal. Only downside is gravity's pull on the heavier parts when climbing vertical or very steep side hilling can decrease performance.

I’ve got work on this weekend but soon as I get a chance I’ll be be giving it a good run 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shergar said:

Come on Jack your in your honeymoon period, give it a few months and you will be cursing it 🤣

Unless its the one…… 😳

Sorry to disappoint but i see this one as a keeper, its well built and well designed and from what i have seen its very capable, unlike a previous truck 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad you choose to try the ftx, i harp on about mine all the time. Hope you enjoy it for a little bit.
However im fully aware of its lack of wings, so that might change. Heavy weight rims and the metal axles make a big difference.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Redback said:

I'm glad you choose to try the ftx, i harp on about mine all the time. Hope you enjoy it for a little bit.
However im fully aware of its lack of wings, so that might change. Heavy weight rims and the metal axles make a big difference.

Why only a little bit, how about a long time.........i will stick with stock rims for a month or so but i may well end up getting metal beadlocks

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Redback said:

It wasnt meant like that, i enjoyed mine for a little but soon realized it needed more money thrown at it to make it decent.

No worries mate, just feel i am still getting stick for not liking the DC1, my choice, if i try something and dont like it no sense leaving it sat on a shelf unused any way i do like the Texan, the more i look over and tinker the more i like it, seems really good quality parts, the shell is pretty tough, i opened up the diff covers and what do i see, a decent amount of grease from the factory happy days.....just changed the LED light loom to extend the wires and con join the front/rear light into one loom, need to spend some time on Alixpress looking for metal beadlocks.......

overall i think its a great truck and defo keeper

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

No worries mate, just feel i am still getting stick for not liking the DC1, my choice, if i try something and dont like it no sense leaving it sat on a shelf unused any way i do like the Texan, the more i look over and tinker the more i like it, seems really good quality parts, the shell is pretty tough, i opened up the diff covers and what do i see, a decent amount of grease from the factory happy days.....just changed the LED light loom to extend the wires and con join the front/rear light into one loom, need to spend some time on Alixpress looking for metal beadlocks.......

overall i think its a great truck and defo keeper

Didn't even know you parted with the dc1, as said it was ment to encourage you to mod it to improve performance, makes a more capable and enjoyable rig and the prices are pretty cheap vs metal parts for other brands.
I have had no failures on the gearset, its tough as old boots, the drive shafts pop out before the diffs take any damage. Servo is the weak point along with the panhard mount and steering bar having the screw fitting with barely any thread.
Other than that oh and the very average shocks its great 😛

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Redback said:

Didn't even know you parted with the dc1, as said it was ment to encourage you to mod it to improve performance, makes a more capable and enjoyable rig and the prices are pretty cheap vs metal parts for other brands.
I have had no failures on the gearset, its tough as old boots, the drive shafts pop out before the diffs take any damage. Servo is the weak point along with the panhard mount and steering bar having the screw fitting with barely any thread.
Other than that oh and the very average shocks its great 😛

cheers redback, i am well happy with it, hope to get a quick running video early doors tomorrow more than likely just on the waste ground at the mill

Looks excellent, getting tempted 🙂, when i got into this hobby i thought one would be enough, how wrong i was🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wombat said:

Looks excellent, getting tempted 🙂, when i got into this hobby i thought one would be enough, how wrong i was🤔

Go for it, i am finding it hard to pick fault with it in any way, i got Modelsport to price match btw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

Hmm the handles look great need some of them lol

Bit of a pain to to get them to fit properly because of the handle moulding in the body but dremel sorted the job .

The V8 decals are hiding what the battery tray did 😁

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Cool your really liking it out the box :good:

Jack how much did MS knock of it mate ?

It lists at £280 ish i found it for about £240 so a nice chunk enough to stay loyal to a good shop

• Like 2