• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

How was it how did it perform ?

Needs heavier oil in the rear shocks, ordered some 1500cst and it’s got a loud transmission other than that it ran sweet as a nut mate 👍🏻

31 minutes ago, Fat Freddy said:

Looking good 👍 

Thanks Freddy 🍻

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Yeh noticed in other posts vid it was a tad noisey but seemed to go well tho :good:

I think it’s made worse by the  cab being sealed by the inner fenders and side steps, great for keeping the crap out but it echoes like an empty box 😂 might try and fit a team associated spur gear see if it quietens it down a little 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

goes well its a tenacious little bugger, how are you liking the showdowns

Pretty good mate for the type of running I do although still breaking in, I’m gunna try them the opposite way around next run also without the spare wheel as well.

Edited by tomr
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, tomr said:

It turns out the 81t Team Associated spur gear is a direct fit 👍

With a bit of luck find out at the weekend if it’s any quieter .

E08F7277-F3E7-4C71-83F4-767A8EBA15BE.thumb.jpeg.1ca0895bfce1cd74b541875ab39a8e11.jpeg

708A4A9B-E9EE-497D-87FF-B2AE3D0D2D65.thumb.jpeg.b04716a298a5b5446a83c602ac19e801.jpeg

I always found the ftx trans to be very quiet the body does add some echo, with a noisy motor i noticed it, could probably benifit some non ftx grease in the diffs and transfer case and i put a dab of grease on the spur also vs a r1 transmission tho these are silent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redback said:

I always found the ftx trans to be very quiet the body does add some echo, with a noisy motor i noticed it, could probably benifit some non ftx grease in the diffs and transfer case and i put a dab of grease on the spur also vs a r1 transmission tho these are silent.

My R1 is like a little mouse compared to this 😂 Is it just the Texans? Mines really loud and watching others on YouTube they seem the same. 
It crawls along lovely and smooth with really good low speed control it’s just noisy as hell.
I’ve already packed the diffs and gearboxes with grease, Ive swapped the brass pinion for an RW gear and now changed the spur.

I’ll try a dab  of grease on the spur 👍 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Looks the part in new set up, be interesting how it performs de-cantilevered , i have a buyer for the DC1 and figured i might get the Texan but not so sure i need another rig at mo

I need a new rig 😁

• Haha 3

Cheap Alloy axle arrived for the Texan, only bought the one as it’s quite front heavy so thought this might make for a better  balance ? If not I’ll buy another for the front .

A984DA8C-11D0-4432-8126-B80791E054DB.thumb.jpeg.ffc590ac9c98a95d9393bc97782350e1.jpeg

Good call, interested to hear what you think about them.
Front heavy for climbing is good, , i always felt the back was light, so it also got metal. Only downside is gravity's pull on the heavier parts when climbing vertical or very steep side hilling can decrease performance.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 1