• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Texan

Lone-wolf

1 minute ago, Jack Reacher said:

so far not got this rig, a few other projects have got in the way, like the Carisma scale Ford F-150 and a bit of speed running

Shame, can you do me a favour and let me know if you do Ta!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/04/2021 at 21:32, mamodman said:

Shame, can you do me a favour and let me know if you do Ta!

I also will keep my eye on it as I'm considering either FTX Texan or spend some more on this [US$385.99]RGT EX86120 1/10 2.4G Crawler RC Car RTR Vehicle Models W/ Head Light RC Vehicles from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/eCqRQqsCZfb

It's a bit pricey but looks great. Has anyone tried it at all? I know it's nearly Absima price, but I just love FJ Cruiser

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
11 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

after all this time, i am still drawn to this rig, Tomley did a lot of video including running it submerged a few times and it did well

They look very decent especially for the price 👍🏻 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jack Reacher said:

Have to say it looks good and gets good reviews, i would be tempted if the Hobao DC1 ever sold, but i see that getting cut up for parts and scrapped

I’m going through it at the min stripping the gearboxes etc and it seems very decent for £249. 
Hope someone hurry’s up and buys the DC-1 👍

17 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Does look stunning mate :good:

So how many crawl/trail trucks is that now ?

it’s a canny few now mate somewhere in the 20’s without counting them I reckon.

Cheers Storms 🍻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomr said:

I’m going through it at the min stripping the gearboxes etc and it seems very decent for £249. 
Hope someone hurry’s up and buys the DC-1 👍

it’s a canny few now mate somewhere in the 20’s without counting them I reckon.

Cheers Storms 🍻

When do you plan on first run, BTW look out for a decent video over weekend of a dangerous trail run! if i stop posting then i fell into the ravine, Honestly dont see any one buying the DC now, it been all over facebook been on ebay and now back on sale section for a silly low price, a decent truck but just not liked

• Like 2

@tomr is that a similar red to the landy trx4 ?

@Jack Reacher I really dont know why it hasnt sold 

It may not be best crawler out there but its damm solid we havnt managed to break anything on them yet and Yrkoon really abuses his

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

When do you plan on first run, BTW look out for a decent video over weekend of a dangerous trail run! if i stop posting then i fell into the ravine, Honestly dont see any one buying the DC now, it been all over facebook been on ebay and now back on sale section for a silly low price, a decent truck but just not liked

Gunna try and get out on Sunday, have loads on at the min but will see what I get finished 👍🏻
I’ll keep my eyes peeled 😁

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

@tomr is that a similar red to the landy trx4 ?

@Jack Reacher I really dont know why it hasnt sold 

It may not be best crawler out there but its damm solid we havnt managed to break anything on them yet and Yrkoon really abuses his

Best way I can describe it is like an old school hot rod colour a really deep metallic red , it looks quite plain on camera .

Like this pic mate 

DB1AA6D6-64C4-4528-ABBA-8633D8C4A82C.thumb.jpeg.c576f2e525a8262cb6740b143f59a877.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Thats looking real sweet taking door stickers of was a good move and nice tyres, but you know we need to see it running in the woods

I’ve got a job to finish tomorrow but  If the boxing doesn’t finish too late I might be able to squeeze an early run in 

• Like 2