• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Texan 1/10 Trail RTR

monkeyboy_uk

FTXOutbackTexan-1.jpg

Inspired by the classic pick-ups from the 1940’s and 50’s the new FTX Texan blends old school retro looks with the latest in RC crawler chassis design.

The classic cab body features scale exhaust stack, external airfilter, moulded grill, mirrors, wipers and a moulded flat-bed rear roll cage with spare tyre, they have even included two different decals for the rear flat bed, choose either a panel wood or checkerplate finish.

The Texan features no body clips or posts, with a magnetic fixing at the front and hinged rear for smooth, uncluttered scale looks and easy, quick chassis access.

Underneath the Texan features a low profile, cantilever rear shock absorber set-up to provide the platform for a flatbed rear assembly. Moulded internal wheel arch lining and side floors add further scale realism, along with beadlock wheels and dust cap.

FTXOutbackTexan-7.jpg

Aluminium CNC shock absorbers are standard front and rear as are dual rated front springs.

With the battery pack mounted further forward and the motor and Etronix 15kg servo set directly over the axle, weight bias and climbing ability is greatly improved.

The split transmission design allows for a lower centre CofG centre transmission that can help accommodate interiors, whilst the updated transmission design now rotates front and rear axles in a clockwise and counterclockwise direction to help reduce the effects of torque twist.

The Texan promises to take your off-road trail adventures to the next level with so many features as standard.

FTXOutbackTexan-6.jpg

Features
– 99% Ready-to-Run
– 4ch 2.4ghz radio system
– Hobbywing WP-1060 Waterproof ESC
– Etronix 15kg metal geared waterproof servo
– 550 brushed 17 Turn motor
– 7.2v 2000mah NiMH battery & wall charger
– Ball bearings
– Twin rail metal frame chassis
– 6mm steel multi-link suspension for smooth articulation
– Steel CVA telescopic centre universal driveshafts
– Steel CVA front universal driveshafts
– Cantilever rear suspension for scale flat beds
– Aluminium Oil filled shock absorbers
– Metal axle & transmission gears
– Front and rear high clearance locked axles
– Side chassis and fender plates
– Receiver box with external third & forth channel ports for additional electronic devices such as LED, sound module or winch
– Split transmission system for better low-speed torque output
– Lower C of G transfer case to accommodate interiors
– Transmission slipper clutch
– Raised chassis mounted steering servo & panhard bar
– Front mounted motor for better weight bias
– Beadlock scale styled wheels
– Supersoft high grip all terrain tyres
– Scale styled front & rear bumpers with shackles & factory fitted LED lights
– LED Rear brake light & front fender spot lights
– Scale inspired retro cab body and flatbed rear cage & moulded accessories

FTXOutbackTexan-5.jpg

FTXOutbackTexan-4.jpg

FTXOutbackTexan-2.jpg

FTXOutbackTexan-32.jpg

Source:

View full news article

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

not sure about having the motor away from gearbox and a third propshaft

It helps with torque and torque twist mate.

now, I have to say I quite like the look of the chassis and again a few really nice touches, nice to see hex head hardware, but why do the most done to death shell since the Jeep Wrangler?

loads of choice in cabs to “loosely” copy.
Electrics are ok but nothing to jump up and down about, good enough to get you started anyway, best bet would be a roller for me personally....

id like to have one in hand to give a once over (never thought I’d say that about Ftx, apart from the v2 mini outback) :good:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TWINSET said:

Surely that'd be the Defender?  🥰

I reckon even the Hilux would slide in before a 'Power Wagon'

never, we need more Land Rover shells, discovery 1 would be nice.

yep I think I’d take a hilux cab, coincidentally I have a cab laying round already..... hmm.

Wow, that actually looks really nice!

I like it a lot, but it would have to be priced "like an  FTX".  The Hi-Rock is sitting just a little too into more mid-range territory, in my opinion.

Edited by PraetoR
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PraetoR said:

Wow, that actually looks really nice!

I like it a lot, but it would have to be priced "like a  FTX".  The Hi-Rock is sitting just a little too into more mid-range territory, in my opinion.

yes, i say you hit the nail on the head, for the price of this new model there is other models with maybe a better pedigree

• Thanks 1

£289?  That seems very pricey for an RGT rebrand.  SCA-1e is 10 quid cheaper, Element Trailwalker a tenner dearer.  I quite like the truck, even the body looks ok to me, but I'd see this at circa 200-225 tops.  The more stuff like this I see, inc. all the chinese brands on BG, Ali etc, the more I think stuff from Axial, Element etc looks reasonable value.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am thinking i may get one early next year, having looked over it and the spec i am thinking it might just be a well thought out truck, and seeing as i now feel FTX is better quality than carisma lol

One thing that might stop me getting it, i need to fully strip my FS and rebuild both axles, fit new bearings all round including gearbox, and also thinking new shell, maybe jeep gladiator, this could prove rather expensive, but worth doing

Edited by Jack Reacher