• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's Rustler

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Well its definately for the 2WD as it says it fits the Bandit, and a Bandit 4x4 doesnt exist. Wether it fits the 4WD or not I dont know

ll let ya know when it comes, if its wrong its not my fault, even my msg subject was rustler 4x4 wheelie bar lol 😞

9 hours ago, Tingting44 said:

ll let ya know when it comes, if its wrong its not my fault, even my msg subject was rustler 4x4 wheelie bar lol 😞

you can use the wheely bar but you need the rpm wheely bar mount,  I have the bleu one on mine from the 2wd,

here is the link for the rmp mount https://www.eurorc.com/product/24164?currency=EUR&cc=EUR

16 minutes ago, No brains said:

you can use the wheely bar but you need the rpm wheely bar mount,  I have the bleu one on mine from the 2wd,

here is the link for the rmp mount https://www.eurorc.com/product/24164?currency=EUR&cc=EUR

Thanks mate it should be here today so I can see what's going on, I asked msuk several times if this would need anything adapters 😞

Screenshot_20210902-090008.jpg

2 hours ago, Tingting44 said:

Thanks mate it should be here today so I can see what's going on, I asked msuk several times if this would need anything adapters 😞

Screenshot_20210902-090008.jpg

You need the rpm mount without it you can't  mount the wheely bar from the 2wd versions.

I know for sure that I post it in one here that you can use wheely bar with the rpm mount, but I think you did not noticed it.

Here is an picture of mine with the rpm mount and 2 wd wheely bar

img_20201120_104626_50623260143_o.thumb.jpg.7b5f4bde43068b87c7826ef441deee58.jpg 

Edited by No brains
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, No brains said:

You need the rpm mount without it you can't  mount the wheely bar from the 2wd versions.

I know for sure that I post it in one here that you can use wheely bar with the rpm mount, but I think you did not noticed it.

Here is an picture of mine with the rpm mount and 2 wd wheely bar

img_20201120_104626_50623260143_o.thumb.jpg.7b5f4bde43068b87c7826ef441deee58.jpg 

thanks mate, yours is looking really sexy, i like it, guess ill be putting another order in then, thanks pal

had a blast earlier for the 1st time in ages, started feeling weird like loose clutch or gear stripping, but oh no, i just found out what it actually was 🤣 a cheeky driveshaft, have had a thought about upgrading them but to be honest im so impressed with these stock shafts ive had since new i really am, so ill be replacing with stock, if it keeps happening then its another story but these are beasts from my experience 🙂

IMG_20210907_214743.jpg

IMG_20210907_214749.jpg

IMG_20210906_230456_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20210906_230438_Bokeh.jpg

• Like 2

also last time i replaced the entire driveshaft for £14, im trying to find the yokes by themself, would these fit the rustler 4x4? or any upgraded yokes you guys can recommend?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-differential-output-yokes-slash-stampede-4x4-39871

I dont know how your driveshafts have lasted so long, I was suprised by your positive comments about them. Ive had 6 or so 4x4 platform and the stock shafts have always broke within a run or so? Ive never heard anyone talk positive about them. Theyre fine for brushed models

Id maybe stop buying Green stuff and buy some Proper driveshafts? 😉

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I dont know how your driveshafts have lasted so long, I was suprised by your positive comments about them. Ive had 6 or so 4x4 platform and the stock shafts have always broke within a run or so? Ive never heard anyone talk positive about them. Theyre fine for brushed models

Id maybe stop buying Green stuff and buy some Proper driveshafts? 😉

yeah one run today and the same ones popped, not good... ive lost faith in them

quite true sir, i was looking at the green gpm driveshafts, but they seem pants looking at the reviews, i might just have to bite the bullet and look at some tekno shafts or cv of some sorts

On 15/09/2021 at 22:57, Tingting44 said:

anyone got any input on these? they look pretty... but im not after pretty really, how do these hold up from experience?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-rear-driveshafts-steel-spline-contstant-velocity-2--1336645

Theyre supposed to be good, but theyre not cheap!!

Msuk does not have any info on these driveshafts either… would love to hear from someone that’s used them

Si (Modelsport) 

21 Sep 2021, 10:41 BST 

Hello 

These are a brand new item which we have not stocked to date, so have no info on how they compare, apologies.

44 minutes ago, Tingting44 said:

Msuk does not have any info on these driveshafts either… would love to hear from someone that’s used them

Si (Modelsport) 

21 Sep 2021, 10:41 BST 

Hello 

These are a brand new item which we have not stocked to date, so have no info on how they compare, apologies.

They are expensive and I don't know how they are, I use the xo-01 driveshafts on mine and they are good, run more then 20 packs trough the car on 3s lipo with an big motor and they are fine, but you need the knuckles and rear hubs and 12mm hex to do the upgrade so that is expensive to,  if I where you  and you could find the tekno driveshaft you better of buying them they are cheaper then the traxxas ones and seem to be very good.

I went for the xo-1 shaft because I made a mistake thought they sell in pairs so I bought  one for the front and rear, when they arrived I noticed that they where sold as a single driveshaft if I new that I had bought the tekno ones.

Edited by No brains
  • Thanks 1

Can’t find any tekno shafts apart from the states, too long wait time for me and import tax 😞 think i may have to be the test subject for these new Traxxas shafts 🧐

edit, now ordered lol, exciting 

Edited by Tingting44
  • Like 1