• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas UDR - Full Option Build

YetiScore83

5 hours ago, willb said:

Uh oh... I really want another UDR after selling mine (it was bad but I always regretted selling it). This thread isn't helping 😂

Just why are they £200 more than they were?

The price really shot up in the uk, luckily there are still some decent deals in Germany. I saved over £200 over the uk list price on this one. 

If you have "contacts" in the states that can sneak you one in, they are nearly half price 😕

• Like 1

May aswell update... So traxxas light kit was tinted blue and fitted 😎, still need to tidy up the wiring but a lot more to come electronic wise so no rush. 

Also fitted front and rear Vitavon sway bar kits, worth noting the front kit only works with the stock front bumper skid not the rpm one. Will have a look later if it can be modified to fit. 

Motor mount is out ready to make the holes bigger to accept the Hw 1650kv

IMG_20201007_133554.jpg

IMG_20201007_133615.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 14/10/2020 at 11:49, YetiScore83 said:

Hi bit more progress to report... 

The hobbywing 1650kv motor is in, couple or small mods to accept it.. Mostly to the motor mount but also had to trim the rear lip of the chassis a little. Currently on 51/34 gearing but plan to change to 55/34.

Also mounted a nice 12v fan, not the most premium fan on the market but for a few £'s it should be fine. 

Then.. Fitted the one off scale motor and cut and mounted the body ready for paint. 

Shock caps still not arrived, so no shocks fitted hence the slammed look. 

Next job.. Paint the body and sort out the electrics 😛

IMG_20201013_233532.jpg

IMG_20201013_233429.jpg

IMG_20201013_233357.jpg

IMG_20201013_233417.jpg

IMG_20201013_124013.jpg

IMG_20201013_123859.jpg

IMG_20201013_123913.jpg

Any news on this yet?

• 2 months later...

This is my dream car, ive given up on an axial yeti and think this vs the losi is a no brainer, with losi weirdness and traxxas standards, what do you think?
One day, ill have one till then ill enjoy watching others play with theirs, how she perform with all the upgrades, i guess she doesnt get bashed much?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 06/11/2021 at 12:08, mick bates said:

im not so keen on shell or engine if anyone wants too swap for a newer shell uk only

Think you got a bargain for all the money it would cost for the Vitavon upgrades. 

Try making a wanted add here: https://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/8-wanted/ 
Also welcome aboard. :good:

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 23:51, YetiScore83 said:

Yes, sorry all I got distracted and then sort of lost interest in it. Its virtually done, just been stuck on the final 1% for the last few weeks, need to find thr motivation to get it done. 

Since the last update, the Hot Racing shock caps and toes, Traxxas TiNI shafts and Blue anodized bodies arrived. So build up the shocks with firmer Green and Blue springs, I need to reevaluate that though as it looks to be a little too firm now in the front. 

I Also swap out the front CVD for rhe new Hardened steel versions from Vitavon, as well as being a tougher material they are thicker especially in the dogbone necks, so should be super strong! 

The 1650kv motor is in and new gearing 55/31, I Alos change the Rearopen diff cup to the aluminium one. All fired up and running nice and smooth.. Result. 

Then started to tackle the minefield of wiring in this thing. It has the standard traxxas led kit.. But that is not compatible with the Hw max 6 Esc. So I have installed an old broken Vxl6s esc as a power source for the lights.. Amazingly is works. 

Functional rear fan cluster wired up too. 

Then I sent the body off for paint.. This build was a tribute to a trophy truck "Big Oly" not a scale replica just a tribute, but I'm pleased how thr body came out. 

The 1%.left to finish... Wire up and mount the front Halo lights and rear tail light, install the interior and then a full shake down. 

A few photos for you..

Awesome build @YetiScore83!