• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Quantum Flux MT XT & XT Plus *page 9

tomr

51 minutes ago, bertberr said:

Love the look with that body on it! And I'm prob in the minority here...but I like the wheels with it!  Tell me, which version of the F100 shell is that?  As don't they do different wheelbase versions of it?

It’s this one 👍https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-1966-ford-f-100-clear-body-1-10/rc-car-products/380477

I know Pro-line do a new all black version but pretty sure it’s pre drilled for the stampede?  Also has  no windows unless you you apply the decals 👎

On 28/09/2020 at 17:45, tomr said:

Go for it mate,both are budget rigs anyway so doesn’t make much difference. Stick a cheapy Brushless combo in The carnage and it’ll be great and save you a good chunk of cash 👍

I went for it but royal mail got it a little wrong, arranged for shell to be left in safe place but was a waste of time now sorting redelivery 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Looking very smart, bet deep down your rather pleased how this rig has turned out

Yeah I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out ,really want to go out and get it dirty now but the weather is shocking for the next few days .

Any progress on your body shell ? Looking forward to seeing it done 👍

31 minutes ago, tomr said:

Yeah I’m pretty happy with how it’s turned out ,really want to go out and get it dirty now but the weather is shocking for the next few days .

Any progress on your body shell ? Looking forward to seeing it done 👍

Dont know what is happening with mine, it was shipped out from wheelspin, got a message from royal mail saying it would be delivered when i was out, so arranged for it to be left in safe place, you guessed no parcel just a red card, arranged a re delivery and got email to say all done, then a few hours later i get an email to say its ready for collection, not going as that means a 10 mile round trip into covid-19 central, so if it does not arrive as arranged tomorrow it may have to go back to wheelspin, but really hope it does turn up as weather being bad means i can crack on trim and paint it.........gloss black 

10 minutes ago, bertberr said:

I think that body looks ace, I know I've said before, but I do really like it!

I have liked this body for ages, even considered getting an ftx outback 2 to fit it on, so when tom did this it made me look to the carnage, just goes to show these shells will fit more than the listed cars, and someone has already beat me to fitting this shell to the carnage

• Like 1

Managed to pick these up for a decent price,almost new fitted but never ran 👍

Should be perfect for the Quantum.

78CE79D5-E0B2-4161-B93E-81FC22EEA3B7.thumb.jpeg.d22ce7724c84920c250ee44b26f5787f.jpeg

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

This might be a daft question but my experience is with Nitro and before that analogue speed controllers - spent months polishing those bad boy copper contacts in my youth...  I've ordered 2 of the XT's for my lads.  The plan to get my old savage rebuilt and get them interested has worked and now we are all joining the local track/club.  These are ideal to get them used to driving and learning some skills.

Is there any way either through the remote or the ESC to limit max speed?  just concerned they are pretty quick out of the box on 2s for kids...  Just been through the manual - does the throttle EPA work in the same way as it would for a standard servo and limit throw therefore speed on the ESC?  

Edited by MooGoCow

18 hours ago, MooGoCow said:

This might be a daft question but my experience is with Nitro and before that analogue speed controllers - spent months polishing those bad boy copper contacts in my youth...  I've ordered 2 of the XT's for my lads.  The plan to get my old savage rebuilt and get them interested has worked and now we are all joining the local track/club.  These are ideal to get them used to driving and learning some skills.

Is there any way either through the remote or the ESC to limit max speed?  just concerned they are pretty quick out of the box on 2s for kids...  Just been through the manual - does the throttle EPA work in the same way as it would for a standard servo and limit throw therefore speed on the ESC?  

Yeah you’ll be able to dial back the power using the EPA ,just don’t let the kids see you 😬

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tomr said:

New shocks and 1/8 buggy front links fitted 

0952C222-D88D-4BFE-A112-8E065A9C2164.thumb.jpeg.eef66d6e178874beca51ba169d151bf6.jpeg

56C2DD62-E73B-43CC-99E2-1B7DEB4B64DA.thumb.jpeg.ec00423a1c4100a53c0fafb23eb67acc.jpeg

cool, the shocks look the dogs dangling plums, have to say im so glad you put the F100 shell on this, i would never of thought to try it on my carnage, but loving the look it gives, kinda early 80`s street rod, hoping to get some video at weekend with this and wifes now working outlaw. Thanks again for giving me the idea P>S still may join you in this thread and get the flux

24 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

cool, the shocks look the dogs dangling plums, have to say im so glad you put the F100 shell on this, i would never of thought to try it on my carnage, but loving the look it gives, kinda early 80`s street rod, hoping to get some video at weekend with this and wifes now working outlaw. Thanks again for giving me the idea P>S still may join you in this thread and get the flux

Cheers mate 👍 The f100 Body is definitely a head turner.

Looking forward to watching yours in action.

Now,look into my eyes 👁👁 ...........buy the flux 😂

• Haha 2