• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX DR8 Desert BuggyThread

thewootts

Can anyone kindly upload a close up of the pinion gear and spur gear for the DR8

Its my first time replacing the pinion gear (as the original broke) but unsure whether it should be centred, flush or offset left/right to the spur gear

Thanks

We found a use for these redundant mask’s we used to wear:

824E93E9-592C-4B24-8FD9-FFE83FC47D2C.thumb.jpeg.1a345c94eff01bd062f119be57609435.jpeg

my boy fried his 550 stock brushed motor in his bugsta, to be fair it’s been running a lipo from day one and we gave it a better esc, so it did alright. Already lined up some brushless options, 3660 3100kv or 3650 2700k or 3670 2650kv, 60a and a 80a esc’s and a 25kg servo, so a full upgrade on the cards.

I have fitted some new wheels to the DR8, so much grip, did a rolling backflip, full 360, never done that before, so am very happy with these zd racing wheels and tires. They do ballon but I seem to get loads of grip before they give in to 6s power 👹 IMO poss the best mod so far, far better than the 35kg servo that is fitted, that’s really not performing, I’m gonna try a heavier load version, even with the BEC at 8v it’s pants, really not impressed. 

• Like 2

On 07/05/2022 at 18:06, ash2910 said:

Can anyone kindly upload a close up of the pinion gear and spur gear for the DR8

Its my first time replacing the pinion gear (as the original broke) but unsure whether it should be centred, flush or offset left/right to the spur gear

Thanks

Mines always ran in the centre