• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX DR8 Desert BuggyThread

On 18/05/2021 at 18:46, tomr said:

Mine arrived today from modelsport 👍

Fitted an alloy pin holder and 15mm axle extenders so far and on with modding the tyres for a bit more off road grip .

B939038C-D9AD-4166-ADED-B45B99F4C790.thumb.jpeg.22a6b35c6dbfbc7a4640ad740344ea13.jpeg

A3CCEB03-05E5-4920-9639-BF9C8AD8422F.thumb.jpeg.db1fa07eba07f45702eccf05b3c61497.jpeg

One tyre down 3 to go 

4E6464B9-C15E-4D22-855E-469C4312E27D.thumb.jpeg.50c12ce93f34bf72bebf04edba9d3768.jpeg

What axel extenders are they mate?

The just bash it one's I had on my typhon never came off.You just had to make sure the grub screw holding the pin in was clean of oil and loctited in.On the dr8 I will probably just run 4s with it geared up a few teeth.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, martin34 said:

The just bash it one's I had on my typhon never came off.You just had to make sure the grub screw holding the pin in was clean of oil and loctited in.On the dr8 I will probably just run 4s with it geared up a few teeth.

The Fastrax  extenders have been great I’ve ran them on loads of RC’s over the years 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, martin34 said:

Are you still running the dr8?Any issues out of the box?

Yeah mine gets plenty of abuse and no issues so far, it’s been a bit of a tank and held up to everything I’ve put it threw.

Out of the box it needs one of these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-dr8-rear-aluminium-lower-cnc-suspension-mount-blue--1332939

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tomr said:

Yeah mine gets plenty of abuse and no issues so far, it’s been a bit of a tank and held up to everything I’ve put it threw.

Out of the box it needs one of these https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/ftx-dr8-rear-aluminium-lower-cnc-suspension-mount-blue--1332939

Thanks that's good to hear and I already have these

20210910_160232.jpg

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Nice 👍 When does your DR8 arrive?

I have already got it but not unbowed it yet as I am thinking about leaving it in the box until Christmas as I won't be able to afford to buy myself something then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sha1024z said:

Hi, where did you get the DR8 Chassis Skinz from? Looks nice 🙂

It's from arrmaskinz.Its not for the dr8.Its for the arrma kraton 6s but doesn't have the holes cut out so I will cut the holes myself.