• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What do people do for a living?

foxy

On 12/08/2020 at 20:16, Ninetiesbeard said:

Interesting thread! Im a cnc operator at a joinery company, but also a qualified joiner/wood machinist too. Can be boring, usually is pretty decent

Nice mate great trade to have 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2020 at 20:21, ghazghul said:

3rd line IT support just moved from Schools to County Council corporate last week... lots to learn.

I wouldn’t know where to start with it mate ha ha 

On 12/08/2020 at 20:56, Stormbringer said:

Telecoms technician dealing mainly with optical systems , installing commissioning and maintaining them

Sounds interesting mate guess you’ve always busy then 

On 14/08/2020 at 08:49, QRC said:

As little as possible....😆.....retired these days, still do a few hours in the old job to help out when they are short, also part time slum landlord for my seaside properties....😎

Enjoy your retirement mate 

On 14/08/2020 at 09:27, jimbulsara said:

Physicist, I work in a uni. Mostly teaching at the moment not a lot of research.

Sounds interesting that mate my step bro works in a uni he loves it 

19 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Been doing it 34 years now.................really hate every minute of it

Really that surprises me it was the cost off the lessons and test that stopped me going ahead with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 16/08/2020 at 12:11, Hugoagogo said:

I'm an ex Submariner,  now I'm a Consultant Engineer which involves plenty of travel. 

If I ever went into the armed forces it would of been a Submariner, the whole concept seems really adventurous!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick said:

If I ever went into the armed forces it would of been a Submariner, the whole concept seems really adventurous!

It must be like lockdown but more fun. Plus you don’t have to homeschool the kids. Where do I sign up?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nick said:

16 hours ago, jimbulsara said:

It must be like lockdown but more fun. Plus you don’t have to homeschool the kids. Where do I sign up?

It sounds a lot more exciting than it is, being at sea involves a lot of sleeping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugoagogo said:

It sounds a lot more exciting than it is, being at sea involves a lot of sleeping. 

I get terrible sea sickness though. :lol: Is that something you can still get when submerged? I imagine it's quite smooth or can you get "turbulence" still?

18 hours ago, Nick said:

I get terrible sea sickness though. :lol: Is that something you can still get when submerged? I imagine it's quite smooth or can you get "turbulence" still?

• I get terrible sea sickness as well, not something I knew when I joined the Navy, it's the reason I ended up as a Submariner. It's rough as hell on the surface due to the lack of stabilisers but rock steady when dived at a decent depth. 
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2020 at 20:43, Jack Reacher said:

Joe public got outraged that wagons were going fast, they called it "dangerous" called for speed limiters......they got it and now all wagons are limited to same speed +_ a mile an hour

Mate of mine gets home from work driving a wagon laughing his head off at the queues he’s caused. Deliberately overtakes other wagons at the bottom of long hills to effectively block the dual carriageway for the duration of the hill. Thinks it’s hilarious. 

Fair play to all you drivers for keeping the shops full despite the pandemic and delivering my RC parts though. 👏👏👍👍👍

• Like 2