• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stoke on Trent spot

Mack1

Screenshot_20200811-230259_Maps_copy_432x960.thumb.jpg.61ea1b8a60a5dfb5307c079b00636125.jpgI have used this site a couple of times now and really like it.  Its called Parkhall country park.  It has a purpose built track for what I believe to be upto 1/8 scale. It has a couple of areas where 1/5 scale could be used with care and plenty of areas for crawling or scale use. Also I have seen rc planes being flown here aswell. Car parks close to the said area's. There is a visitor centre there but didn't look used, maybe only open at certain times? 

Screenshot_20200803-185211_Photos_copy_960x432.jpg

20200802_184036_copy_1612x726.jpg

20200802_184225_copy_1612x726.jpg

20200803_124207_copy_1612x726.jpg

Just thought that if I put up a map with a key as to where to park and bash it will make it easier to find. Coloured dots are car parks and white line is the main area with smaller areas that can also be used. 

Red dot is purpose built rc track.

Yellow dot visitor centre with short walk to main area with plenty of areas en route.

Green dot is where I go to play with the 1/5 scale. 

Screenshot_20200812-214118_Maps~2_copy_960x432.jpg

• Like 1

It all depends on what area you want to go. A few weeks ago me and the wife took the dog for a walk and to scope the place out. We parked on the visitor centre car park which had 6 cars parked up. We walked to the area where I have marked up on the photo and didn't see anyone as it is a dead end but the route too and the area at the end are fantastic for rc cars. Also there are smaller car parks for picnic areas which can also be used if other areas have people there. I remember one week we went early evening 7 o'clock ish and there was a lot less people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up on this thread.... used to live in Weston Coyney but now living in Alsager. We have a couple of cheap and cheerful 1/5 buggies - so far only found tarmac areas so tyres get eaten! Deffo going to give this place a look next time we're out!

20200831_112404.jpg

• Like 1

You will have some good fun up there. I doubt the purpose built track would be of any use. Mine struggled with lots of grip roll. That's when I found the other area at the top end.  I really enjoyed that area for speed runs and some small to medium sized jumps also the car park is almost on top of it. I will be going again soon when my shifts go off weekends. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys & gals, does anybody know any good places in stoke to run an on-road nitro car? I live on Bentilee which is a stones throw away from parkhall but unfortunately my supra wouldn't last long on a jumpy jumpy track 😆

Edited by DaveB190

Just had a thought about tuning. Why not go to Parkhall on a Sunday morning and ask anyone down there for help with the tuning as they run a lot of nitro stuff there as well ? 

Edited by Mack1

5 hours ago, Mack1 said:

I have heard about people running cars at Bet365 stadium carpark. Also years ago I have seen people racing on Sunday mornings at Fenton Manor sports complex just off Victoria Road Fenton. 

I used to go there many many moons ago with my old man to watch the r/c racing, I don't believe it takes place there anymore but they were good times. I might well take a trip up to park hall when the weather improves & people venture out again, thank you