• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North West.. Greater Manchester /Lancashire bashing meet up

Joshl722

Hi all recently just purchased a corally kronos 6s 1/8 monster truck after a few years out and have noticed there's absolutely nobody about. 

If anyone is interested in a meet up there's a bmx track, and some moorland both within 2 miles of where I live. 

Just bring yourself and your lipos ill bring a couple of leisure batteries and chargers. Heck I'll even bring refreshments if it gets people out. 

There's everything from wild moorland to flat asphalt and every combination in between. Ideal for all scales and types. 

Be a good day out and be good to watch more cars on their roof besides my own 😂.. If anyone's interested let me know 

1593364863329267061043997212871.jpg

34 minutes ago, Simzter said:

Hey where about are you? Hoping to get back into it - would need to get myself a vehicle.

Normally I use nitro but tempted to try electric.

I have a few nitro cars/trucks but recently got the Hyper VSe and have my eye on the Kronos 

I dont think you will be disapointed with modern electric cars/trucks 

But i will still run my nitros when i find a place to run them 🍻

Hey.. I took it out today, what a piece of kit. Took it on the bmx track and my god it flies!! 10x the car of my old hpi trophy truggy. I bought this because I bought an ftx carnage for £40 thinking itd be a steal. 

£200 in and its still sat there broken 😂.. I bought it on an impulse thinking and thought I'd regret it but nope. 

Anyway it flies.. Rolls.. 12 o'clocks.. Goes as fast on its roof as its wheels and does more donuts than krispys and still looks and drives like new. When it doesn't fly off flipping away it kills the bumps!!!  And I'm just outside of Bacup Lancashire. More than happy to drive somewhere though if anyone's about. The more the better. 

Edited by Joshl722
Error

15 minutes ago, Joshl722 said:

Hey.. I took it out today, what a piece of kit. Took it on the bmx track and my god it flies!! 10x the car of my old hpi trophy truggy. I bought this because I bought an ftx carnage for £40 thinking itd be a steal. 

£200 in and its still sat there broken 😂.. I bought it on an impulse thinking and thought I'd regret it but nope. 

Anyway it flies.. Rolls.. 12 o'clocks.. Goes as fast on its roof as its wheels and does more donuts than krispys and still looks and drives like new. When it doesn't fly off flipping away it kills the bumps!!!  And I'm just outside of Bacup Lancashire. More than happy to drive somewhere though if anyone's about. The more the better. 

really fancying a Kronos are you running 4 or 6s ?

And I thought about getting a couple of 4s packs to run single when times get hard. I want enough batteries to charge and drive while I'm out. Minimal waiting.. I'm running the diffs stock at present while I wait for diff oil to arrive. I'll see how she drives when set correctly im hoping it will tame her a little 😂

I’m in Bolton so not a million miles away. I’ll have to see what I can get my hands on - budget is around £500. Puts the Kronos out of my price range when you include all the bits and pieces :(

Last one I had was a HPI Truggy 4.6 but hearing your Kronos is 10 x the car I don’t think I can go back to one of those lol

I'd get the kronos.. Run it on 3s till you get 6s.. And bolton!! I spent 400 quid in there last week only to be spoken to like an absolute piece of cr*p off the owner. Not a good shop. Because I'm not your usual face he said. 

Ended up using Leeds model shop for the kronos and batteries not a nice guy at all. No hospitality towards me at Bolton at all. On a lighter note if your ever free mate.. Call down by all means!! 

Which shop was it - Bolton Model Mart near the multi story car park?

I think it’s father/son owned. The old guy is old school and courteous. The son looks like a serial killer and being alone in the shop is a worry 🤣

• Haha 1

On 28/06/2020 at 18:21, Joshl722 said:

Hi all recently just purchased a corally kronos 6s 1/8 monster truck after a few years out and have noticed there's absolutely nobody about. 

If anyone is interested in a meet up there's a bmx track, and some moorland both within 2 miles of where I live. 

Just bring yourself and your lipos ill bring a couple of leisure batteries and chargers. Heck I'll even bring refreshments if it gets people out. 

There's everything from wild moorland to flat asphalt and every combination in between. Ideal for all scales and types. 

Be a good day out and be good to watch more cars on their roof besides my own 😂.. If anyone's interested let me know 

1593364863329267061043997212871.jpg

You got a google maps link to the place?  Just rebuilding a Savage XL at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm in Bolton now as well....Packed away my RC cars as getting some work done on my house (had to move out)!

Will probably get my RC's running for 2022 at this rate! Be interested in finding decent spots to bash around Bolton though! 

There are some flat grounds at the beginning of the loopline but will be hard to lug gear there as no close parking!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got the RC cars out! Going to give them a run this weekend at Queens Park in Bolton. 

Kids do a Park Run at 9am on Sunday, then going to use the flat field next to it to give the cars a go!

• 3 months later...

Anyone local ish to Wigan looking for a bash about? myself and my two brothers go every sunday, they both have rustlers and I prefer the short course but its good fun! Be good to get a regular Sunday Bash going!

P.S How come we have nothing listed in the North West section???  

I'm in Bolton, not too far away. 

We have 3 Carnages that we play with but Sundays tends to be a busy day for us now. Have you got a good site to play with? If the weather is good one weekend, we might join you. What time and where do you run?

No idea re the NW Channel...I tried to post on there once but it didn't seem you could. 

• 2 months later...
On 30/09/2021 at 21:13, Chris Curby said:

Anyone local ish to Wigan looking for a bash about? myself and my two brothers go every sunday, they both have rustlers and I prefer the short course but its good fun! Be good to get a regular Sunday Bash going!

P.S How come we have nothing listed in the North West section???  

from leigh area, where do you guys go?  used to bash a lot on the three sisters in ashton around 2012 era with a group of lads off here, but they have built on it now sadly, plenty of vids on youtube of us lot doing it there(the good old days)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcN4XdxVaM  on this vid i destroy my hpi truggy,, it just had to much torque and self destructed, just type in wigan 3 or three sisters bash in youtube, used to be member bombaymary on here years ago, but started a fresh yesterday, looking at going getting a hyper vse today to get back into the game, so if anyone is still having any bash days soon please let me know cheers

Edited by tipsypeach