• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Absima Sherpa Scale Crawler

Nick

Shock absorber as a servo saver is an interesting choice, could work well. Not sure it was needed but sure is neat. Looks good overall but enough of the angry eyes Jeeps 😆

On 27/06/2020 at 09:13, TWINSET said:

The rear end has 4 links and a panhard bar - is that a new normal?

A triangulated 4-link with a panhard bar seems a bit redundant, maybe making up for flex in components? On full scale cars you only really see a setup like that with parallel 4-link like on a Wrangler,  where they need the lateral support.

1 hour ago, mond said:

Nice derail. Just straight to personal attacks. What the hell did I do to you?

Mond, i am with you here buddy, no you did not mention portals, like me it would appear you dont have the need for unnecessary bits that just copy the trend.

What we have to consider here is....some people want or need certain features like remote locking diff and 2 speed gearbox, but other people dont need or want these type of features, also to keep things in perspective its just a model car, so guys lets not get all stroppy over it and keep in mind personal attacks to other members is a banning offence on just about every forum 😇

so to sum up here, the rig in question does look nice and time will tell if its a well made rig at a good price or a some what poor item, if you like the features it could well be a good rig

• Like 3

I think you make fair points @mond, it's down to preference, functionality or form. :good: I'm a Traxxas fanboy but everyone on this forum wants to tie Traxxas fanboys up and throw us off a dam. What did I do wrong running this forum? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I think you make fair points @mond, it's down to preference, functionality or form. :good: I'm a Traxxas fanboy but everyone on this forum wants to tie Traxxas fanboys up and throw us off a dam. What did I do wrong running this forum? :lol:

Nick just because you like traxxas it does not mean you are getting hog tied and dammed, you like a brand and nothing wrong with that or indeed the brand, liking different makes/models/features is what makes us all different, and keep up the good work on here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

I've always felt with enough skill you shouldn't need wheels. If you feel that you need wheels then go ahead, meanwhile I will be crushing those trails without wheels.

Stirring Cbs GIF by Big Brother

Agree, Wheels are a gimmick we can all do without.

44 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

There'll likely be a few upgrades needed out the box (dogbones!)  but for £380 you're getting a hell of a lot.

Do Absima ever do kits?

Yeah, they do a few actually.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

I like it. Good to see someone else chipping in.

Defo snipping the indicators!!!

Had a chuckle at the smoke machine in the video; quality:good:

Ah, the smoke machine, i wondered if some one just out of shot did a big lungful of Ecig vape

I am in a bad place over this new rig, i dont need it, i do kinda think i want it, subject to a few more review video`s but also i dont get a lot of time for crawling and have 2 rigs already, if and i only say if then my FS scx would have to go and at a time when its really getting sorted

I reckon it looks really nicely put together.

Stating the obvious but seems to include a load of chassis bracing that other trucks require you to add aftermarket. Portals look nice, two speed is good for non-crawling and lockable diffs are just a realistic feature to my mind. That's what real 4x4s have, why not here? Sealed shocks and shock on the steering (like a VW beetle) look useful and it has proper mudguards etc. Lots to like. Fairly decent ESC too.  Absima seem to do good spares and upgrades so should be repairable for the foreseeable future. All the lights? Bit unnecessary for me.

Only downside is that it is probably heavier as a result. As a result, maybe not the greatest all out rock crawler but surely a fantastic trail truck?

At £370 it seems a bargain compared to other trucks with similar features...  Just need to see if it is durable. Suspect it will be based on their other stuff.

Gearing looks interesting. The High speed seems to be 2x the low speed. Quite a jump. I don't think the TRX4 is quite such a leap? It'll probably shift on a 3S :)

As many have said though, would be nice to see something that isn't another Jeep.

16 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Ah, the smoke machine, i wondered if some one just out of shot did a big lungful of Ecig vape

I am in a bad place over this new rig, i dont need it, i do kinda think i want it, subject to a few more review video`s but also i dont get a lot of time for crawling and have 2 rigs already, if and i only say if then my FS scx would have to go and at a time when its really getting sorted

You've already convinced yourself🤣

Go get it🤪

25 minutes ago, Cuiken said:

I reckon it looks really nicely put together.

Stating the obvious but seems to include a load of chassis bracing that other trucks require you to add aftermarket. Portals look nice, two speed is good for non-crawling and lockable diffs are just a realistic feature to my mind. That's what real 4x4s have, why not here? Sealed shocks and shock on the steering (like a VW beetle) look useful and it has proper mudguards etc. Lots to like. Fairly decent ESC too.  Absima seem to do good spares and upgrades so should be repairable for the foreseeable future. All the lights? Bit unnecessary for me.

Only downside is that it is probably heavier as a result. As a result, maybe not the greatest all out rock crawler but surely a fantastic trail truck?

At £370 it seems a bargain compared to other trucks with similar features...  Just need to see if it is durable. Suspect it will be based on their other stuff.

Gearing looks interesting. The High speed seems to be 2x the low speed. Quite a jump. I don't think the TRX4 is quite such a leap? It'll probably shift on a 3S :)

As many have said though, would be nice to see something that isn't another Jeep.

I agree, could be great for trail running.

I really don't mind the  body though, never had a Jeep so would be ok in my collection🤔

Hi i am new here, i like the look, the design etc, low center of garvity on the motor etc, anyway its good to see another player in the game, and also it may attract new persons to the hobby, thats what it is about, we need new people and new clubs and get togethers etc, 2m apart of course, i think the rpicing is good considering the amount of stuff you get, radio looks cheap, but most RTR radios do! Lets see the reviews, i have RC4wd TF2, D90 Heritage edition & RC4WD Marlin Crawler Trail Finder 2 RTR, Traxxas TRX Sport, Hobby Tech CRX V2, Cross RC PG4L & SP4 Demon, Element RC Enduro Trail Truck Trailwalker RTR, so maybe i need one more !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

As others state, it has lots of features I don't need on a scale truck. BUT lots will, and it looks a good bit of kit.

My only worry is I hear Absima, I think budget brand, now things may have changed in the 8 years since I last had an Absima, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it's still a lot cheaper than the bigger brands with the same spec, but still very strong money for a budget brand.

Still tempted, and found a painless way to fund the bulk of it, a pension statement turned up for a small pot pension i had forgot about for last err .....30 years has £306 in it and not had any contributions for about 29 years, so may cash this in if i go for the sherpa.........but think i will cash it any way as come retirement it will only get me a pint of milk a week