• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show off your favourite shell!

Alex97

Like said above, post your favourite RC shell...

OOP-5185.jpg

I had this painted for my B44.2, it was black white and teal which looked great. Sadly this is the only picture I can find. It was taken at the 2014 oople stotfold race, was a great day and the last time I used this car before going 2wd. 

Edited by Alex97
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrisT said:

I'm not very imaginative either, mostly boxart.  But out of what I have I'd say the Merc Promarkt is one of my faves, I just think it looks so mean and aggressive.

I love that Merc too @ChrisT .

I've seen a fair few of your builds in threads and I think it's your attention to detail as shown in the two above that makes your body shells look so great. 😎 

That Golf of yours looks great too. Multiple colours are always problematic in my experience especially when trying to keep clean lines, ...paint has a nasty habit of trying to creep under masking sometimes no matter how thorough you are with your prep.  

This was one of my first multi colour painted shells a HPI Subaru Impreza body on a Thunder Tiger TS4N and it was a great learning experience. 

045.thumb.JPG.6f1bff5b510a2e7f36d7491eeaf1d0e8.JPG

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, GMballistic said:

I love that Merc too @ChrisT .

I've seen a fair few of your builds in threads and I think it's your attention to detail as shown in the two above that makes your body shells look so great. 😎 

That Golf of yours looks great too. Multiple colours are always problematic in my experience especially when trying to keep clean lines, ...paint has a nasty habit of trying to creep under masking sometimes no matter how thorough you are with your prep.  

This was one of my first multi colour painted shells a HPI Subaru Impreza body on a Thunder Tiger TS4N and it was a great learning experience. 

Thanks for the kind words 👍 Yes, no matter how hard I try or how many times I go over it, there's always bleeds. Never done a shell without one.

3 minutes ago, ChrisT said:

Thanks for the kind words 👍 Yes, no matter how hard I try or how many times I go over it, there's always bleeds. Never done a shell without one.

You're welcome and same here regarding the bleeds. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 21:18, pieman5 said:

Didn't paint it myself but this is one of my fav's from a while back on a rustler :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

And this RJ speed funny car i owned a while back, again not painted by me lol

spacer.png

spacer.png

dont worry pie man the blue shell is still immaculate, stormbringer bought it from u and i went havers on it, we sorted out the wonkey front wobbly wheel and the suspension is a lot more stable now, got hyper 7 shocks on the back and thunder tiger xxt shocks on the front, handles like a dream now with the same esc and motor :D

when we first got it it was stupid  mental, kept popping off steering links etc and insanely fast in a straight line, we soon realised it was set up for a straight line speed run lol

don't worry im making it into basher, but that shell is awesome, so i bash the other one :)

0oElEN2.jpg

nrAEwAA.jpg

all good we have been looking after it pie man :)

can also get some better pics if ya want  :)

at the moment it is going about same speed as dads hyper vs 4s, dads hyper beats it on grass a tad but think the rustler has it on tarmac slightly :)

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

dont worry pie man the blue shell is still immaculate, stormbringer bought it from u and i went havers on it, we sorted out the wonkey front wobbly wheel and the suspension is a lot more stable now, got hyper 7 shocks on the back and thunder tiger xxt shocks on the front, handles like a dream now with the same esc and motor :D

when we first got it it was stupid  mental, kept popping off steering links etc and insanely fast in a straight line, we soon realised it was set up for a straight line speed run lol

don't worry im making it into basher, but that shell is awesome, so i bash the other one :)

all good we have been looking after it pie man :)

can also get some better pics if ya want  :)

at the moment it is going about same speed as dads hyper vs 4s, dads hyper beats it on grass a tad but think the rustler has it on tarmac slightly :)

Damn!! Good to see that again, and not ruined yet lol.

Must be at least 6 years old now that shell, great to see its still with a fellow enthusiast 👍 

• Like 2

hehe yeh it is a good truck and it is has been getting a lot more use now with the lock down stuff, the other shell is still in good shape apart from where the back body pin goes, a hole developed there after many flips, ill sort that easy :)

can get some proper pics of it on blue shell if ya want? and under the shell, really turning into a good basher and well used to the speed, have to unscrew the front 2 screws on that clear platform on the back which has the esc just to fit a 5000 hardcase battery in  :)

im still loving it and it is in awesome hands, i did think about toniing the motor down a tad but nah it is the go to speed demon and turns now with they shocks plus shares parts with my bandit which i also love :)

Edited by Yrkoon

A couple of my favourite shells, firstly my Hpi WR8 RX43 shell as I love the colour changing paint and the amount of detail.

IMG_20190808_213639_hdr.thumb.jpg.c220c34f6237c591b43b32df154d53b9.jpg

Then there's this Lambo with a simple white paint job, don't think you can go wrong with white always looks good imo, it doesn't have a home at the moment.

Not sure what to do with it, been tucked away at the back of a cupboard for years after painting it.

20200704_180448_kindlephoto-426065952.thumb.jpg.bfdf2ebfcaeafeb9c91ac8151ace329a.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...