• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3 blokes meet in a quarry for some socially distanced rock crawling.

33 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

Awesome stuff guys,well jealous!
Andy, that cage looks brilliant mate, really good job.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you sir!  It really works too - I gave it a good ‘crash test dummy’ workout and it saved the cab from any major damage 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You lucky lucky buggers.  Wish I could get out and use my rock crawlers.   Still stuck at home.  

Looks like an amazing place to try out the crawlers. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I know this is quite an old thread but Is this Kirtlington Quarry?  Ive just got into crawling from bashing and didn't know there way anyone else in Oxfordshire! There is a quarry near me in Kingston Bagpuize that is pretty good

Edited by TomCA
Update

2 hours ago, TomCA said:

I know this is quite an old thread but Is this Kirtlington Quarry?  Ive just got into crawling from bashing and didn't know there way anyone else in Oxfordshire! There is a quarry near me in Kingston Bagpuize that is pretty good

Hello Tom,

Yes! This is Kirtlington quarry, just round the corner from me 👍

Another buddy of mine has mention the KB quarry - love to see some pics !... 

• Like 1

Hey Stimpy,
It’s pretty good there are a couple of decent rock piles that are a challenge, it’s probably not at good as Kirtlington but worth a trip. This is the only picture I’ve got from there at the moment. f5ce810a1b51e85f1473508a9a497892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TomCA said:

Hey Stimpy,
It’s pretty good there are a couple of decent rock piles that are a challenge, it’s probably not at good as Kirtlington but worth a trip. This is the only picture I’ve got from there at the moment. f5ce810a1b51e85f1473508a9a497892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Hard to tell from that tbh but looks fun 👍

Is the lumpy backdrop in the pic rocks or brush? 

Cool. Hard to tell from that tbh but looks fun [emoji106]

Is the lumpy backdrop in the pic rocks or brush? 

Rocks, yeah the picture doesn’t really do it justice. It’s worth checking out, there is enough there to keep you occupied for at least an hour or so. I’ll happily show you round if you want to come over for a crawl, it would be great to go with someone else it’s just been me so far

18 minutes ago, TomCA said:

Rocks, yeah the picture doesn’t really do it justice. It’s worth checking out, there is enough there to keep you occupied for at least an hour or so. I’ll happily show you round if you want to come over for a crawl, it would be great to go with someone else it’s just been me so far

Certainly happy to pop over sometime and check it out... As you are also welcome to pop over to Kirtlington for an exploration 👍

Just waiting for a part to come in to finish off the Toyzuki...

I’ll ping you my mobile... 

• Like 1

WOW!

This looks like it was an epic outing gents! The quarry looks like hours of fun (from the look of the angles and the surfaces, I could try and crawl all day on just a couple of the sections pictured) and the rigs look amazing! Like seriously cool 😎

All these power wagon shots have got me developing a fetish! Also loving the braised cage Andy, really suits the truck! 👍 it's even got me thinking about a pickup version of the D110 now... 🤔

Again the day looked awesome and some really cool pics on this thread of everyone's trucks! ✌🏻

• Thanks 2