• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3 blokes meet in a quarry for some socially distanced rock crawling.

Moaning!!!!

And I thought you were just playing with your phone all day!!!?... 😂😂

Some great pics chap thank you for that. Hard to pick a fave!. ( but that derrière shots pretty epic). 

Most impressive truck of the day? Has to be that 10.2 ( sorry Carl!) , make a few set up changes and put some decent tyres on and they are very capable right out the box.  A few more relatively simple mods and it’ll be on another level again...

Anyway, had a great day and was so nice to meet you both . Thanks again for making the effort 👍

Till next time, keep on RCing!! 

• Haha 2

how long were you there for ?

ok then whats a good cheap crawler out the box to get me started ?

Edited by Stormbringer

11 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Depends on how cheap really.  I’ve got an Axial SCX10.2 builders kit, the chassis is almost stock with the only upgrades being Traxxas GTS shocks, ring and pinion shims  and metal shock hoops (in the post).  
Electrics, body,  wheels and tyres can be had for cheap, although my motor/ESC was  as much as the kit itself.  
The 10.2 is great place to start from - there’s a used one up for grabs in the sales section. The seller is a good guy, too 👍

It was a superb day, has taken this long for me to recover. Have to agree with @stimpy, @Andy-Roo's SCX10 ii was so impressive both in looks and performance. I learnt a lot and will be tinkering with my trucks to get them up to the same awesome performance as you two - lol, some hope lol

Edited by CarlC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, CarlC said:

It was a superb day, has taken this long for me to recover. Have to agree with @stimpy, @Andy-Roo's SCX10 ii was so impressive both in looks and performance. I learnt a lot and will be tinkering with my trucks to get them up to the same awesome performance as you two - lol, some hope lol

I can feel there’ll be a “round 2” in the future.. 😎

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

As always depends upon budget but you can’t go wrong with an SCX10ii kit and some choice components. For the record the shocks that come in the kit are absolutely fine so no change needed there 👍

There are cheaper options out there.... And naturally there are more costly options!!! 😂

11 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Some good shots there Carl...

Was gonna ask how your legs were feeling!?? 😂

Even my calf’s are feeling it today!... 🙈

i thought it was the trucks that were supposed to imitate mountain goats ???  🤣

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Some good shots there Carl...

Was gonna ask how your legs were feeling!?? 😂

Even my calf’s are feeling it today!... 🙈

My legs are fine, the advantage of getting to the age where your nerves stop bothering to send pain signals lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1