• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outlaw-tips, questions and mods

A space for any questions, tips, tricks, mods and upgrades about the FTX Outlaw. I want to hear any mods or upgrades about this car and would love to share mine. Anyone can participate in this conversation. No questions are dumb and ask heaps. I do not know a lot so this is why I am creating this. Feel free to share your rig and what you have done to it. Also, the no no's of the Outlaw and what not to get. Hope this is helpful.

I have order the Hobbywing 1060 ESC. So i will see how that goes. However I do want to do extra upgrades. I do want a better servo, so if you know of one, then I would love to know. I am also looking to make my car faster without having to just yet buy a brushless motor. Is there any upgrades that would make my car faster without the brushless motor. Any brushed motors that are more powerful or faster. Or changing gears, pinions or anything like that. So if any of yous have any good upgrades to tell me, servo, brushed motor or just any other good upgrade I would be glad to hear.  

Pic of the Hobbywing (sorry for the bad pic): 

Hobbywing ESC

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, ToxicTag said:

My FTX Outlaw brushless arrives tomorrow hopefully I'll get some upgrade advise mate.  Feel free to tell me about what you done to yours? 

Some light reading for you here:

• Like 1