• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SORRCA Rules & Specs. Course points and penalties

.AJ.

On 24/03/2021 at 01:48, Hunt3r_D said:

New to the hobby here.

Question about Gate Entry...

Can you progress  through a gate with just 2 wheels? Like, on the sides like this " . / . " or would you be able to clear agate going backwards?

( yes you would be penalized for reverse. But will it be counted as progress?) Or what about, you would somehow able to jump over a gate. Will it be counted as progression? Just wanted clarification. Thanks

Brilliant questions!!

So, you could reverse through a gate and take the penalty no problem. In most scale comp stuff you are allowed 1 reverse anyway..

You could drive on 2 wheels at an angle so long as all the parts of the truck pass between the gates - heck you could even slide through on your roof or any which way so long as you pass "between" the gates....

In some of the more technical American comps there always seems to be at least 1 gate that will need a side winch and angle drive, but of course you do take the penalty for the winch 👍

I hope that helps mate! Any other q's let us know 👍

2 hours ago, PraetoR said:

Thanks for that. It would make sense for my truck to be Class 2 compliant, anyway. Just for future's sake.

The comps I have been to were certainly great fun .

Not serious enough for me mind!! 🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/04/2021 at 16:44, xxmertkadir3458 said:

The G6 looks less serious in between the two, but I can go for both when given the opportunity - I have to start somewhere, right.

'Ello 'hello!

To be honest it probably depends upon what your local group is like. The G6 certainly has less rules and is generally a longer "on mass" event, whereas local comp crawling would be a morning with a local group. We don't currently have a National comp event - used to, and hopefully it will happen again with all the interest in RC crawling and trailing.

Personally I love building a rig to regs, then you can work your magic thinking outside the box!!!

Goodluck, and let us know what you are building!