• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us ‘Yer 2.2 Sporty or MOA Rig!!

stimpy

6 hours ago, stimpy said:

Portsmouth Harbour area...

The bit west of the Mill Pond at Emsworth always looked pretty decent too.  Unfortunately I always seem to end up chasing the dog or the daughter and the crawler stays in the car 😐

• Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 15:23, Hell horn. said:

Very cool. I'm off down to Cornwall in a month. So need to get car sorted and see if there is anything by us worth messing about with

Where are you off to @Hell horn. There's a few members down that way that can point you in the right direction.

Most of the coastline especially north coast, is exceptional.

@DartmoorTrails off down to a little town just next to the Eden project.   Right on the sea front 

Place called Charlestown

Edited by Hell horn.

On 31/08/2020 at 14:51, stimpy said:

Super crude but effective!!

Was at Black Rock up your way yesterday with my MOA... Great place 👍

I believe that there are occasional Crawler Comps at Black Rocks.  Can you tell me exactly where they are held?  Presumably they have to close off part of the park?

5 hours ago, Thunderdonkey said:

I believe that there are occasional Crawler Comps at Black Rocks.  Can you tell me exactly where they are held?  Presumably they have to close off part of the park?

No idea but I believe so. We all walked up to the top and crawled there though there are plenty of bits to crawl... Shut nothing, just be respectful to others 👍

There were plenty of trail guys, quite a few of them went off in the woods I believe theres plenty of rock and roots there...

40 minutes ago, DartmoorTrails said:

SSD ar44s I think. They're now on my boy's scaler emoji106.png
Big difference going to ar60, hugely improved steering and articulation. Just need me some weights emoji1696.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes, wider too. Are you running any over / under drive?.

On 09/09/2020 at 23:12, DartmoorTrails said:

Just the backend, might overdrive the front at some point given its purely for crawling in the rocks. What's that likely to give me, 20-30%?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

SAo just under drive at the mo?.. I've not actually done the maths on the AR60s but having got the Ventru axles together on the weekend a quick wheel spin with tape on confirms about 27/30%... Will do the maths later some time 👍

• Like 1

Got hear yesterday afternoon.  Unpacked.  And found out that my little one had removed my power lead for the charger and my 2 charging leads.  Balls. So can't charge my lipos now. Great. Brought the car. Can't use the car.  

• Sad 2

There is a model shop not far from us. 1.5 miles.its open Tuesday. So I'm going to see if they have any cheap chargers or leads for my one. 

Also unfortunately the spots I had found to use are closed as they have had a few rock slides. So for now it looks like I packed a nice paper wight. ****ing tight for the year I have had. 

Right.  Rant over. Time for the rum. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hell horn. said:

There is a model shop not far from us. 1.5 miles.its open Tuesday. So I'm going to see if they have any cheap chargers or leads for my one. 

Also unfortunately the spots I had found to use are closed as they have had a few rock slides. So for now it looks like I packed a nice paper wight. ****ing tight for the year I have had. 

Right.  Rant over. Time for the rum. 

What a bugger!! Goodluck man!..

Oh, don't wanna make you any angrier but this is meant to be a picture thread. If you could possibly just write a fresh post next time that would be fab 👍😉

Have fun!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The clearance is already evident. I’ve now managed to pull a line on my Extreme garage / stair Course I’ve not cleared before!... 

But the issue with long high link builds is rear stability off camber and their general lack of full Chassis suckdown. I’m trying to set mine as soft as I can for the suck down but we’ll see when I get to drive something proper.... 

• .AJ. unpinned this topic
  • .AJ. pinned this topic