• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us ‘Yer 2.2 Sporty or MOA Rig!!

stimpy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking good man!! And a nice pair of rovers there 👍.

Those shocks look well beefy!!... Re widening, I assume you have hex extenders? Many comp guys run a wider front than rear mostly to get the rear through the gates easier... You can also go with the XR mod on your axles which would give you the increased width, more steering and the ability to adjust caster which helps with climbing..... That involvesXR Mod beef tubes, XR shafts, then Wraith knuckles....(I still got some unused XR Beef Tubes if you do decide on that route)

Or just keep enjoying the rig as is!!!

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Looking good man!! And a nice pair of rovers there 👍.

Those shocks look well beefy!!... Re widening, I assume you have hex extenders? Many comp guys run a wider front than rear mostly to get the rear through the gates easier... You can also go with the XR mod on your axles which would give you the increased width, more steering and the ability to adjust caster which helps with climbing..... That involvesXR Mod beef tubes, XR shafts, then Wraith knuckles....(I still got some unused XR Beef Tubes if you do decide on that route)

Or just keep enjoying the rig as is!!!

I think +20mm on front, rear left narrow.  The castor is not too bad for stock SCX10 axles as it sit rather low, I've had to machine a groove in the skid so the MIP doesn't rub on the front.  Shocks are Integy MSR10s Had to find the spare set to check!) one of the few Integy things that work really well!

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 11:19, ghazghul said:

Here is mine.. an original Bender SW3 chassis.  Originally build with Maverick Scout bits, but pretty much everything replaced or modded.  Losi 13.5T (I think) sensored brushless with ESC in crawler mode, runs off a 1200 3S in the back.  Castle BEC.  MIP shafts, I think both ends are SCX10 axles housings now with stainless beef tubes. I think underdrive on the rear.  Bluebird servo seems nice and strong, last time it was bound up it folder the steering link in half.  Forget the shocks but need to swap out for a silver set.   They run full droop.  The Scout shell still fits (very cracked).  Needs a good clean and a trip out!  It does eat cvds, might lose the extenders on the front.

large.crawler.jpg.4a31a769616238d54ecc5e08f299ac8e.jpg

I still go back to the RCC post from Bender introducing the SW3. So much good info on there.

I'm toying with the idea of a spare set of Capra axles to test on mine..... Nice size, go together really well and plenty of overdrive options... mmmmmm

• Like 1

Currently working on the front leaf springs for my scx10ii merlin project.   Almost there now. Just Need to adjust the mounts slightly. Bit to narrow to fit nicely at the moment 

IMG_20200706_145657.jpg

20 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Currently working on the front leaf springs for my scx10ii merlin project.   Almost there now. Just Need to adjust the mounts slightly. Bit to narrow to fit nicely at the moment 

IMG_20200706_145657.jpg

Dude.. Have you been on the pipe again!??? This is the comp crawler bit!! No scalers welcome!!!😂

Be happy to see your current sporty position in here mind!!👍

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

I still go back to the RCC post from Bender introducing the SW3. So much good info on there.

I'm toying with the idea of a spare set of Capra axles to test on mine..... Nice size, go together really well and plenty of overdrive options... mmmmmm

Sounds like a fun option!Only issue may be upper links positioning and space for shocks... Could always try cutting your own chassis - been thinking about this for some time.....

• Like 1

Not sure if this one counts...certainly not a scaler on these wheels!  I picked up the welded steel chassis from someone on here and then did an experiment with a really short front end and long rear.  Custom chassis, links, body panels, 4 link mounts, bead lock rings, servo mounts, steering link etc.  The wheels are maverick scout wheels with about 10mm cut out of the middle and silly size RC4WD 2.2 rock crushers.   The beadlock rings were machined out of 6mm aluminium disks.  I can;t remember what's in the axles!  It has a sidewinder 2 esc and some kind of tuned 27T motor and runs on 3S.  It's currently in bits while I try and redesign the front so I can actually get the battery in and out.  I want to extend the front of the chassis to cover the servo a bit.

gallery_31235_3274_897830.jpg

gallery_31235_3274_831568.jpg

gallery_31235_3274_1442143.jpg

gallery_31235_3274_985683.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, stimpy said:

Got out today with a buddy of mine with our MOA Crawlers. 

This was the most I’ve ever driven it! Must have put 5 packs through it, and each one was great fun 👍 ( they are tiny packs mind!)

A couple of poop pics - was too busy enjoying it!

My buddies DLux Bounty Hunter 

spacer.png

My XR10 Y Town rear end!

spacer.png

Love it! 

Nice @stimpy. Next week we've been loaned brother-in-law's house up in the 'wolds so might see about escaping for the day, try that quarry of yours out!

@DartmoorTrails. It's not a patch on your locals mate and very dusty / slippy!..  

What a shame though, I am away for a few weeks from tomorrow else It would have been great to have met for a crawl👍

We'll have to make a trip down your way before the end of the summer😀

20 minutes ago, stimpy said:

@DartmoorTrails. It's not a patch on your locals mate and very dusty / slippy!..  

What a shame though, I am away for a few weeks from tomorrow else It would have been great to have met for a crawl👍

We'll have to make a trip down your way before the end of the summer😀

Sod's law. Feel free to leave the zuki out for me!🤪

Edited by DartmoorTrails
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

That's a nice long run to getstuck into mate👍

Honestly, it was incredible mate. I've never driven the MOA on anything proper decent and this sure met that accolade 👍

• Like 2