• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us ‘Yer 2.2 Sporty or MOA Rig!!

stimpy

Got a picture of a really cool scaler?? Then this place ain’t for you!! But if you want to look further.... you may be surprised!! 

😂🙀

Thought it about time this section had a 2.2 Performance rig thread, post up yer pics!!!

For those of you that haven’t heard of these beasts they break down into 2 main categories;

1. 2.2s - Shafty or Sporty - These have 1 motor that is mounted in the chassis then driveshafts to the axles - as per normal trucks but that’s about where the resemblance ends...

2. 2.2M - MOA Motor On Axle - As the name suggests, 2 motors used, 1 on each axle so the chassis is incredibly light and we have control of each axle motor individually via a motor mix lever / switch generally. 

All of these will run on 2.2 lightweight wheels generally with a 5.5” / 6” tyre... Lots of tuning goes into these rigs whose purpose are strictly for the more extreme crawling side of things... 

Edited by stimpy
  • Like 1

Then this was my last Sporty I was building but never finished...

HellHorn has now taken over building this chassis up 👍

UGC chassis

AX10 base axles with XR Mod front 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

I can post here. I can post here. Ha.

So yep. I'm building up a killer 2.2 sporty build currently. 

It's based on the ugc chassis I got off stimpy a few weeks ago.  Ar60 axles.  Vanquish hubs. Beef tubes all round. Ud/od gears.  Home made links. Rear lower are steel for strength. Uppers are carbon rod. Super light and strong.  Front lower are alu and uppers are carbon again.  100mm boom racing shocks with losi mini t yellow rear springs inside them.  Nice soft springs.  Sits about a 3rd in to travel on them. Ci wheels with rovers.  Super light wheels. Currently running a Scx10 gearbox and a 2t 5 pole motor.  Behind axle steering. So nothing to catch on the rocks. 1080 esc for now. And a 450 or 800mah battery.  

It's still a work in progress.  Lots more. It's to order for it. 

IMG_20200511_171758.jpg

Edited by Hell horn.
  • Like 1

I am also still in the process of building my own custom chassis and links for 2.2 sporty Crawlers.  Carbon fiber chassis and links. Needs a lot more work to grt it right. Then make a nicer looking chassis as a final prototype. And then see about making a few sets up. 

Carbon links are 4mm carbon rod and glued in to custom rod ends.  Can be made to any length needed. 

IMG_20200511_194755.jpg

1589223074599129588628614063565.jpg

• Like 2

Got my dlux parts finally. Front link mount with servo mount. And rear link mounts.  All fitted now.  Lovely parts.  It's getting so close to being done now.   Need one spoool. And then a few small bits doing. And make some bent front upper links. Modded my front hub weights to fit behind the hub. Simple job. But looks good with the ssd hubs. 

IMG_20200518_143323.jpg

IMG_20200518_155154.jpg

IMG_20200518_143314.jpg

• Like 2

I've been looking forward to this post!!! And wow that scenery just doesn't disappoint!!! Been tooooo long since I've been down Devon way... Used to be there lots kayaking years back when I used to have a life!!! Hahaha...

But where's the chassis poser shots man??? :-0

Oh, and yeah, same boat as you, nearly got the Sudu - especially as the chap is a dude and in Europe but he's closed down that 1/10th section now sadly... (But hopefully my new sporty chassis will turn up next week!! Soooo excited...)

I've been looking forward to this post!!! And wow that scenery just doesn't disappoint!!! Been tooooo long since I've been down Devon way... Used to be there lots kayaking years back when I used to have a life!!! Hahaha...

But where's the chassis poser shots man??? :-0

Oh, and yeah, same boat as you, nearly got the Sudu - especially as the chap is a dude and in Europe but he's closed down that 1/10th section now sadly... (But hopefully my new sporty chassis will turn up next week!! Soooo excited...)
Doh! No chassis shots in there.
Will rectify shortly [emoji1787]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Now that’s better!!!

Now it makes sense.... You widened it! I’m sure you are aware most try to run the batt on the front axle - makes the COG lower... 

Great but if engineering mind 👍

I see you have a 2290!! How you finding that? Contemplating one... Have been experimenting with 12v servos to save the BEC weight and extra wiring.... The first JX46kg hobbies I got here is poop mind so trying to send back and see what’s what... 🙈

4 hours ago, stimpy said:

But hopefully my new sporty chassis will turn up next week!! Soooo excited...

I hope we get a build thread so us useless noobs can try and understand how to put together one of these amazing comp machines :)

• Haha 3

Oh yes there will be! Just waiting for the chassis to be sent.

The chap who makes them has been inundated through Covid and separated from his family... Spoke to him last week and all is ready but he’d forgot to make me one of the links!... Was seeing his kids for the first time last weekend - I told him to turn his phone off and go have fun!!!!

That said, I’ll be bugging him again tamara!! Haha 

• Like 2

• .AJ. pinned this topic