• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hellhorn herja chassis development journey

Hell horn.

Making some better front lower links. 5mm steel rod cut to length. Bent to fit my set up.  Got to wait for my replacement drill bits and rod ends now unfortunately. But should be good once done.

80mm long. Bends to clear drive shaft.  Sorted. 

IMG_20201201_184027.jpg

• Like 1

Right. After a massive amount of rage. Ha. I got the hamburger gearbox in correctly and all linked up. Drive shafts where a pain to get right. But all done now. 

Next job is order more tube to make links. As the last pair I made snapped as I was threading them. Need to have another go.

Fingers crossed I will have an amazing set of wheels for this. Some time soon. 

Also got a pair of traxxas shocks coming so I can mod them for the front. Get it spot on hopefully 

IMG_20201206_205614.jpg

IMG_20201206_205556.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks dude.  Lost definitely.  Bit of a slow burn this. To get it spot on. Once I have my wheels and sorted. I will be ordering a few pysho pat parts for it. Then it will be just about done. Until I rebuild it again. Ha. 

• Haha 1

More work done on links. Loads of messing around with spacers. Rod ends and spacers. But I believe I finally got it the links 99% right now. Doing the front links. Having loads of issues with them. Snapped drill bits inside them. Droped one and it managed to fit perfectly between a gap in the floor.  Managed to cut 2 nicely. Drilled out with new bits. Perfect. Tap one end. Done. Tap the other and the tap snapped off in the link. Lucky I got it out. So I have one done. Now have to wait until Friday so I can order some new m3 taps for it.  Everything is not going so well. 

Once I have some more taps.  I can finish them off. Cut some m3 bolts down as grubs. And they are done. 

IMG_20201213_210929.jpg

• Sad 1

I know. But I'm not sure it will ever be done.  None of my rc stuff has ever got to that stage. Always something to upgrade or adjust.  But this one is definitely getting closer and closer to it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2020 at 20:40, Hell horn. said:

After a crazy amount of messing with link and shock lengths. I think it's finally spot on. Next Job is remake the links and set shocks up right. 

IMG_20201208_202541.jpg

IMG_20201208_202536.jpg

Can't remember, what did you say your suck down and drop out belly height is now? Looks very low is all!!