• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help needed! New to electric rc

I’ve just got an absima stoke 4s lipo, took it out and within half an hour the steering servo has gone. It also kept going dead, having to turn it off and on again. Any advice and can anyone recommend me a good servo to buy, not sure if they’re different for electric I’ve only ever owned nitro 

Edited by Moonie7891

If it's new i'd not faff around and contact the shop you bought it from. 

And no, there's no different requirements between nitro and leccie buggies. 

Edited by m4inbrain

32 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

If it's new i'd not faff around and contact the shop you bought it from. 

And no, there's no different requirements between nitro and leccie buggies. 

Yeah just thinking it may be easier to replace the servo than faff about with returns/warranty atm with everything that’s going on. I have contacted Modelsport by email which can take 72 hours for a reply usually but they’re understaffed atm taking longer. Could have a new servo with me in a day or so.  Was more looking for recommendations on a decent servo to purchase and try get to the bottom of the issue with the car having to be turned off and off again every so often 

check transmitter batteries and replace if they arent full AF, for the servo  you could go for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savox-Std-Size-Digital-Servo-Metal-Gear-16Kg-6V-SAV-SC-0251MG-UK-STOCK/184004717203?epid=1636690810&hash=item2ad7892a93:g:eXwAAOSwSqZdrxwc

or  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JX-6221MG-1-8-Truggy-Digital-Steering-Servo-20kg-cm-0-16s-High-Torque-HPI/323727549411?hash=item4b5faa63e3:g:YwoAAOSwbsBXmBWN

When you fit it I would check the end points to make sure you stress didnt kill the last one, new RTR models are almost never set up right out of the box