• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

1 hour ago, windz1000r said:

Am sure I said check there tight lol 

And it's a bind plug for the rx to re bind it with the controller if it looses connection for any reason 

You totally did, and I'd seen that mentioned elsewhere too and... didn't listen did I 😁

Ah cool, guess that's mentioned in the controller leaflet then, ta.

9 minutes ago, Jonmurgie said:

You totally did, and I'd seen that mentioned elsewhere too and... didn't listen did I 😁

Ah cool, guess that's mentioned in the controller leaflet then, ta.

I only know cos I did the same thing 

But I rounded off the hex in the wheel so had to buy new wheels 

But the stock wheels look really good on my 2wd stadium truck 

PXL_20220714_123523613.jpg

• Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 17:44, Tabbie said:

Looks like I've just broke the rival mt10 its making a horrible grinding noise.

Not sure what it is...maybe the diff as a newbie am trying to find info on where to start stripping it down?

Nothing on YouTube sadly. 

16217017892468694129642265416658.jpg

I have a very similar sound coming from mine.  (Seems to be mostly coming from the rear of the truck - dunno if rear diff, or centre, or what)

My worry is that it was literally delivered a few hours ago & I’ve not even taken it out yet!

complete newb here, so any help will be great. 

Edited by Rooonga

11 hours ago, Rooonga said:

I have a very similar sound coming from mine.  (Seems to be mostly coming from the rear of the truck - dunno if rear diff, or centre, or what)

My worry is that it was literally delivered a few hours ago & I’ve not even taken it out yet!

complete newb here, so any help will be great. 

Post up a vid if you can, would help possibly identify the noise 👍

Hi

We have changed the esc to a Hobbywing MAX10 sct and gone up 1 tooth on the pinion, only running on 2s.

The motor is still cool and we think the performance is better now. It’s certainly better regards the adjustability of punch and brakes anyway.

It could go up another tooth on the pinion we think, but happy with it as is.

The esc change has made most difference.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 12:11, martin34 said:

I am only running 2s and want just a little more speed.Do you think adding a couple of teeth to the pinion will cause overheating?

You should be safe going up 2 teeth on the pinion on 2s with the stock setup. As it comes out of the box quite conservative.

However I wouldn't recommend running the stock setup on 3s with a larger pinion as it will overheat and thermal cut off quickly, the motor IMO is too small for the truck.

• Like 1

Third proper outing and the THIRD time the front left wheel has worked its way loose, this time with a nyloc and loctite!! 

65BFB802-D36B-4584-9DE3-DC759ABED020.thumb.jpeg.ab313a950c2dc7ed49a049ce3642ba3e.jpeg

More annoyingly this time the hex has rounded out the wheel so that’s fit for the bin 🙄

1860308C-1A91-43FC-8E0D-0428C4B5FFFC.thumb.jpeg.7d0d05e690012b12d729bd0140310e1b.jpeg

Anyone had a single spare they’re willing to sell or suggest any alternatives?

Otherwise it’s a new pair for ~£35 and a lot more loctite 🙈

1 hour ago, Jonmurgie said:

Third proper outing and the THIRD time the front left wheel has worked its way loose, this time with a nyloc and loctite!! 

65BFB802-D36B-4584-9DE3-DC759ABED020.thumb.jpeg.ab313a950c2dc7ed49a049ce3642ba3e.jpeg

More annoyingly this time the hex has rounded out the wheel so that’s fit for the bin 🙄

1860308C-1A91-43FC-8E0D-0428C4B5FFFC.thumb.jpeg.7d0d05e690012b12d729bd0140310e1b.jpeg

Anyone had a single spare they’re willing to sell or suggest any alternatives?

Otherwise it’s a new pair for ~£35 and a lot more loctite 🙈

I'd just glue the hex to the wheel, I've done it successfully in the past and it sure beats buying a new pair

• Like 1

5 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

I'd just glue the hex to the wheel, I've done it successfully in the past and it sure beats buying a new pair

Yeah had that advice on a FB group, will look at that... can I salvage this wheel with some glue/screws or am I "screwed"? lol

28 minutes ago, Jonmurgie said:

Yeah had that advice on a FB group, will look at that... can I salvage this wheel with some glue/screws or am I "screwed"? lol

I've used JB weld before, any 2 part epoxy will work. If you wrap the hex in tin foil, then place it in wheel and fill with epoxy around it, then you can get the hex out after curing, as the glue will stick to the foil and not the hex. No guarantees it will last but worth a shot.

38 minutes ago, The rc madman said:

Please send link to straps thanks

Not sure how to do links but this is them on ebay.I just put in blue lipo straps.They are 265mm long and £4:99 for five.

16609154289097514478245324971092.jpg

Edited by martin34
  • Like 3