• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

13 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

Many of us use fibreglass mesh tape (plasterboard tape) and shoe goo to reinforce bodyshells btw as nobody else has mentioned it yet. I’ve not had any yet myself but I believe e6000 adhesive is a viable alternative to the shoe goo 👍🏻

That's a great idea Ross, thanks mate. I can also see how good the results could be with the materials you've suggested.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Ahh no worries, and yeah - strong but also still flexible.

I’ve not rebroken (is that a word?) anything I’ve repaired/reinforced with tape’n’goo but I don’t really abuse my kit 🙂   

• Like 1

Just to add my 2 pence, I've had my MT10 for 6+ months and given it a decent beating. It's a riot! Love it.

The only breakage was a cracked skid plate and ripped the thread out of the steering turnbuckle. Somehow managed that without damaging an arm.

Even at £269 + battery I'd say it's still good value

IMG-20220122-WA0007.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, psyklone6 said:

Just to add my 2 pence, I've had my MT10 for 6+ months and given it a decent beating. It's a riot! Love it.

The only breakage was a cracked skid plate and ripped the thread out of the steering turnbuckle. Somehow managed that without damaging an arm.

Even at £269 + battery I'd say it's still good value

IMG-20220122-WA0007.jpeg

that is great news!

i keep changing my mind on this, problem is its an mt and they tend to roll over and that puts me off.

3 hours ago, froggy8 said:

that is great news!

i keep changing my mind on this, problem is its an mt and they tend to roll over and that puts me off.

So yeah, that is an issue. It does traction roll fairly easily on grass/grippy surfaces. It has a stiff ride and anti roll bars which is unusual for an MT (I think?) which contribute to its rollypolly ways.

I've not messed with lowering the ride, but you're dead right that is a feature of this MT like a lot of others. But I bet you you could tune it to be more forgiving if you were so inclined

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psyklone6 said:

So yeah, that is an issue. It does traction roll fairly easily on grass/grippy surfaces. It has a stiff ride and anti roll bars which is unusual for an MT (I think?) which contribute to its rollypolly ways.

I've not messed with lowering the ride, but you're dead right that is a feature of this MT like a lot of others. But I bet you you could tune it to be more forgiving if you were so inclined

yeah that is right, there are things you can do to make it so it doesnt roll as much such as shock oils, diff oils and anti roll bars.

i guess this is just the nature of MT 😞 

But it’s supposed to roll over it’s a monster truck 😆

This is why I prefer having a buggy and a monster truck and why I find truggies a bit boring (because if I have a buggy and a mt then I don’t need a truggy) 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My new mt10 has developed this noise after only 5 or 6 run outs which is a shame. I've stripped down the servo and have found some wear on the gears. Does this all add up to a stripped gear, sounds so to me. 

Do I need to be cautious over what replacement servo I purchase?

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Dazz150 said:

My new mt10 has developed this noise after only 5 or 6 run outs which is a shame. I've stripped down the servo and have found some wear on the gears. Does this all add up to a stripped gear, sounds so to me. 

Do I need to be cautious over what replacement servo I purchase?

Something like this will work great in the MT10  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194736558255?hash=item2d573410af:g:KSMAAOSwFD5fOsoO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone known to have intermitant steering jitter on this i think its a transmitter or reciever problem so let me explain when driving in a straight line every so often it turns left without steering on the remote so i switched the channels on the rx and when i had it on a stand it accelerated all by its self touching no controls but its not constant its intermittant has anyone else known this 

Yeah I had that happen to me not long after buying my MT10. It was the transmitter. Thankfully I got a warranty replacement off the model shop I bought from.

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2022 at 12:00, Spunkymunky88 said:

does anyone know if there is a upgraded spur gear for this car as my pinion came loose and the grub screw came out taking a chunk out of the spur gear

Haven't seen any on the Facebook group I keep looking 

22 hours ago, windz1000r said:

Haven't seen any on the Facebook group I keep looking 

I don't know the validity as I can't check but it was mentioned on the Mt8 Facebook group that the Mt8 one is a straight swap but I think it's going to be 1mod instead of 32dp, I'll be checking once we get them over here

What diff and shock fluids are people running? I picked up one of these used for a decent price but before taking it out want to give it a service and check everything is tight and fluids are ok. 

Ours are both stock weights, all I have done is top the diffs up as they were low, the shocks will get checked when I have the service kits and whilst fitting the rpm arms

I've got the stock oil all around except for the centre diff, where I put 60k CST to try and keep the front wheels down a bit.

One thing I've noticed is the 2.5mm e-clips holding the piston in the  shocks has become worn and let go a couple of times, so I got some off eBay that seem to have held on a little better.

Also I've snapped the front skid plate a couple of times. Shame RPM don't do an upgrade for that I reckon!

• 1 month later...
On 26/06/2022 at 17:26, Spunkymunky88 said:

has anyone had there brushless motor shaft snap

as i have so now looking to upgrade

does anyone know if there is any warranty on the brushless motor that comes with this car

yeah I've seen on the Facebook group some people have broken them, it depends how old the car is you could ask associated and see what they say 

12 hours ago, Fred barlow said:

yeah I've seen on the Facebook group some people have broken them, it depends how old the car is you could ask associated and see what they say 

Contacted team associated theres only 30 days warranty on the motor and by the looks of it its a common occurence

2 hours ago, Spunkymunky88 said:

Contacted team associated theres only 30 days warranty on the motor and by the looks of it its a common occurence

That's a shame but from the pics I've seen of the breaks the grain structure of the shaft looks to have too much carbon or it's been over hardened (I work in the metallurgical testing and heat treatment industry) but until ours fail I can't have a good look