• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

17 hours ago, SWF said:

Hi

Hear is a picture showing an MT10 next to an 1/8 buggy and an EMB-T.  Hope it helps?

F8C26B67-9678-4AB7-AF73-0E557BDE8945.jpeg

I like a man who keeps a tidy garden :good:

The cars are impressive too, lol.

Edited by Buggy Malone
  • Like 1

On 28/12/2021 at 03:44, Jack Reacher said:

disconnect the servo from the steering and see if it still jitters, while its unhooked check steering see if it is tight at any point i wonder if you got a second bad servo, it can happen

I’ll give it a try bud. 

On 27/12/2021 at 16:09, SWF said:

Hi

Hear is a picture showing an MT10 next to an 1/8 buggy and an EMB-T.  Hope it helps?

F8C26B67-9678-4AB7-AF73-0E557BDE8945.jpeg

looking at this picture, the mt10 doesnt really look like its that much bigger than the lc truggy which is what i want.

Hi

We have fitted a Max10 SCT esc and a 14 tooth pinion, good performance boost and adjustability, over the 10BL60 clone they come with.

Using 2s, it’s plenty quick enough for us now, and not as mad as when on 3s, a good compromise.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

Guys, the only big question I have about the MT10 is the one regarding the front suspension travel and the possibility of the wheels interfering with the bodyshell.

The position of the car in pic-2 and 3 below is what concerns me a bit as the wheels look as if they'll rip into the bodyshell when the suspension is down and the steering is turned.

Has anyone had a problem with this?

Pic-1   Suspension normal, no load:

Screenshot_20211231-212927_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7ba89ec046eb5d7bf1fcb9ad2660fec0.jpg

Pic-2   Full suspension travel:

Screenshot_20211231-212934_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7591635a77e5f7f623dd80f5e476ec52.jpg

Pic-3   Full suspension travel with wheels turned and tyres badly scrubbing against the bodyshell:

Screenshot_20211231-212940_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e88c474d94163c150a50c5543be8959a.jpg

Hi

We trimmed ours in that exact spot as it does rub. I wouldn’t be too worried though, our bodyshell has suffered far worse than that! 

These are great fun, seriously!

You can break anything if you try hard enough, originally there were reports of weak front arms, we didn’t find that at all. All breakages have been in solid crashes, normally due to bad driving. We once turned the shell inside out by hitting a tree in mid air, the car drove back to our feet so that it could be sorted!

We’ve  lost more body pins than spares we’ve needed to keep ours running.

Trim the body until you get no static rub, it’ll still rub now and again even then, then go and have fun!!!!

Happy New Year

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SWF said:

Hi

We trimmed ours in that exact spot as it does rub. I wouldn’t be too worried though, our bodyshell has suffered far worse than that! 

These are great fun, seriously!

You can break anything if you try hard enough, originally there were reports of weak front arms, we didn’t find that at all. All breakages have been in solid crashes, normally due to bad driving. We once turned the shell inside out by hitting a tree in mid air, the car drove back to our feet so that it could be sorted!

We’ve  lost more body pins than spares we’ve needed to keep ours running.

Trim the body until you get no static rub, it’ll still rub now and again even then, then go and have fun!!!!

Happy New Year

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve, much appreciated mate.

I did hear the rumour about a weak front section but the Tomley RC videos proved otherwise.

I'll get the shell trimmed before I take it out for its first run.

All the best,

Andrew

Edited by Buggy Malone
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Spunkymunky88 said:

just got one of these loving it on 3s

You're a lucky chappy, I had to go away for a while so mine is still box fresh.

Can't wait to have a bash with it albeit I will start it on a 2S and not the 3S it came with.

The MT10 shell seems a bit too lightweight to me so what have you guys done to reinforce it.

Do you just tape it up inside with heavy duty tape?

Cheers All,:good:

Edited by Buggy Malone

@Spunkymunky88 - I've not bothered with the mesh cover and not had any issues.

@Buggy Malone - I used Gorilla duct tape to reinforce the body holes and other key points.  also used helicopter tape (MTB frame protection) on the outside of the shell on the key places it will slide on when mid-crash.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

@Spunkymunky88 - I've not bothered with the mesh cover and not had any issues.

@Buggy Malone - I used Gorilla duct tape to reinforce the body holes and other key points.  also used helicopter tape (MTB frame protection) on the outside of the shell on the key places it will slide on when mid-crash.

Thanks mate, I appreciate the advice :good:

Crikey,  I know this has nothing to do with MS but "how much for a shell?". It must cost all of 2-quid to make and that includes the decal set.

It has to be the worst quality shell that I've ever owned with a kit and yet the most expensive to buy.

Shocking!!

20220113_153644.thumb.jpg.994cd74028598bd8173998f61445c02c.jpg

Edited by Buggy Malone

15 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

Wow, that looks bombproof!  I was thinking more along the lines of clear tape for the outside of the body 😉

Helitape Bike Protection Tape by 3M ™ – Trailvision - Mountain & Road Bike Bearings

Many thanks for the link. That would have proved handy.

I got a bit carried away with the 'black nasty' but it was therapeutic :good:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow!!

What a huge difference between the MT10 and my FTX Outlaw. They look a bit similiar if you squint from a distance but when out bashing there's absolutely no resemblance whatsoever - the MT10 must be multiple leagues above the FTX Outlaw in every way possible.

Price comparison:

1.  MT10 came with a 3S-4000 and cost me £285.

2.  Outlaw came with a 2S-3250 and cost me £240.

In hindsight I should have gone straight to an MT10 and saved a shed-load of money but being a newbie comes with a few mistakes and learning curves.

I put a 2S through it followed by a 3S and, with the exception of a bit of dirt, there was no damage whatsoever so that makes the hobby so much more enjoyable.  The FTX just wouldn't have made it.

Very pleased indeed guys.

Andrew

P.S. The taping of the shell has made it indestructible. 

Edited by Buggy Malone
  • Like 2

Many of us use fibreglass mesh tape (plasterboard tape) and shoe goo to reinforce bodyshells btw as nobody else has mentioned it yet. I’ve not had any yet myself but I believe e6000 adhesive is a viable alternative to the shoe goo 👍🏻

• Thanks 1