• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

• 2 months later...

Been a bit quiet in here for a while so...  Had no issues with loose wheel nuts since using Loctite so that's good.  Had to buy a pair of Proline Badlands as the MT10 wheels/tyres were out of stock after stripping a hex in one of the wheels.  They are really grippy ( were spraying me with sand when I ran the truck!) but have made it it a bit understeery.  Have swapped then to the front and used the wider hubs to give more clearance - hoping to get back the power slide hooligan it was when using all four MT10 tyres.  Also fitted the Associated alloy shock upgrade and it is really smooth on landing jumps etc.  Will report back on the handing after the wheel swop round.

If anyone has a spare standard MT10 wheel going spare please let me know 🙂

• Like 1

So I’ve had mine for maybe 4months now and only ran it twice due to braking an arm on my first run. Which I then waited For months for the rpm arms to be back in stock. After fitting the arms, I took it out for a bash only to be let down by the servo. It’s jittering and truck goes where it wants to. What is this problem? I did unplug the stock servo, and plugged in a 25kg banggood servo. The result was the same, Could it be the receiver box? Any help will be much appreciated, I’m still new to the hobby cheers. 

Edited by C tay

Can't really offer any advice as this is my first RC model as well.  Can only suggest going through the instructions in the user manual for setting up the radio/receiver etc?  Failing that post something in the general RC section as there will be people there with far more expertise.

• 2 weeks later...

So, swapping the Badlands to the front (and using the wider hub option) has turned the MT10 back into the drifting, donuting, powersliding monster I prefer.   Just so much fun and spraying dust and dirt in all directions.  Still impressed with how smooth the suspension is as well after the shock upgrade 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately my rival mt10 steering has stopped working is this simply the steering servo?  The motor runs but no movement to the steering. 

Is it worth trying to claim under warranty or pointless?

Thank you for any advice shame as its definitely our favourite truck.

4 hours ago, Tabbie said:

Unfortunately my rival mt10 steering has stopped working is this simply the steering servo?  The motor runs but no movement to the steering. 

Is it worth trying to claim under warranty or pointless?

Thank you for any advice shame as its definitely our favourite truck.

Try swapping the ESC and servo plugs on the rx to fault check. That will confirm if its the servo. 

8 minutes ago, lorrylemming said:

Try swapping the ESC and servo plugs on the rx to fault check. That will confirm if its the servo. 

Will try am abit clueless to be totally honest,  Could it be the servo saver?

My servo was jibbering on mine turns out it was the esc so will be sending an email for a new one. The truck was used once. 

42 minutes ago, C tay said:

My servo was jibbering on mine turns out it was the esc so will be sending an email for a new one. The truck was used once. 

I've spoken the company I purchased it from and they are more than happy to fix it for me, I shipped it put today. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought one second hand 1hrs use from new. 
my truck when turning makes a very loud screeching buzzing noise and sometimes when it’s still I turn radio of it just makes loud screeching noise until turn off when I turn the wheels by hand sounds very strange like full of grit but it’s not 

Hi

Can you post a video of the problem?

It could be anything from incorrect binding of radio, seized bearings or incorrect gear mesh, a video would help a lot.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jordan bull said:

I just bought one second hand 1hrs use from new. 
my truck when turning makes a very loud screeching buzzing noise and sometimes when it’s still I turn radio of it just makes loud screeching noise until turn off when I turn the wheels by hand sounds very strange like full of grit but it’s not 

sounds like the end pionts need doing on the TX  Jord that noise is usually the servo straining and check for any binding on the hubs etc 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, froggy8 said:

i am so tempted at getting the mt10 as its reasonably cheap at £249 posted!

then i could get the mt8 at a much later date when funds allows.

You anent going to get a better truck for close to that price.  Granite is crazy tough, maybe even tougher than the mt10 sometimes but they have stupid price tags on them now unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RcBEN9 said:

You anent going to get a better truck for close to that price.  Granite is crazy tough, maybe even tougher than the mt10 sometimes but they have stupid price tags on them now unfortunately.

its the price tag on the mt10 that is swaying me towards it, i really wouldnt mind the granite but as you said, the price is quite high 😞 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 22:30, froggy8 said:

its the price tag on the mt10 that is swaying me towards it, i really wouldnt mind the granite but as you said, the price is quite high 😞 

the 10 is supposed to be good

• Like 1