• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

3 hours ago, James.S said:

Looks awesome mate, and nice video  :good:

I've liked the look of these trucks for ages. And seen how durable they are on many different videos. 

Was gonna get one a few weeks ago but then saw the announcement for the new 1/8 scale version, the MT8. So holding out for that now & hopefully it's just as good as the 10's

Ditto 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads, I have a problem that’s been a pain for months. To start it off, I ran my mt10 for the first time 5-6 months ago, broke the arm at the skatepark fixed with rpm’s.

After it was fixed the servo started to

jitter real bad, so my first guess was it’s the servo. I then plugged in a new servo into the receiver, with that one also jittering. So then the problem I thought was the receiver, ordered a dumbo transmitter and receiver off banggood.

installed that for it still to jitter.

I’m new to rc so my knowledge isn’t the best, I have met a local group that I go crawling with. One of the lads had a look at it for me, tested the servo on his servo tester was fine, so was the receiver. He then said it was my esc not getting enough amps and that’s the problem. 

I then sent an email to seller saying the esc is faulty, I used the truck once for about 15mins. Got told to send esc back for them to check. I’ll be honest with you I couldn’t be arsed and didn’t really want the same esc after it pood on me. Would of thought they’d of took my word for it and sent a new one but owell.  

Ordered a hobbywing ezrun Max10 sct 3200kv combo, Was absolutely buzzing to get the truck running again after soo long. So I then fitted it calibrated the transmitter to esc, servo then started to jitter again. I felt like crying, what’s the issue I’m soo confused. All help much appreciated. 

21 hours ago, C tay said:

Hi lads, I have a problem that’s been a pain for months. To start it off, I ran my mt10 for the first time 5-6 months ago, broke the arm at the skatepark fixed with rpm’s.

After it was fixed the servo started to

jitter real bad, so my first guess was it’s the servo. I then plugged in a new servo into the receiver, with that one also jittering. So then the problem I thought was the receiver, ordered a dumbo transmitter and receiver off banggood.

installed that for it still to jitter.

I’m new to rc so my knowledge isn’t the best, I have met a local group that I go crawling with. One of the lads had a look at it for me, tested the servo on his servo tester was fine, so was the receiver. He then said it was my esc not getting enough amps and that’s the problem. 

I then sent an email to seller saying the esc is faulty, I used the truck once for about 15mins. Got told to send esc back for them to check. I’ll be honest with you I couldn’t be arsed and didn’t really want the same esc after it pood on me. Would of thought they’d of took my word for it and sent a new one but owell.  

Ordered a hobbywing ezrun Max10 sct 3200kv combo, Was absolutely buzzing to get the truck running again after soo long. So I then fitted it calibrated the transmitter to esc, servo then started to jitter again. I felt like crying, what’s the issue I’m soo confused. All help much appreciated. 

with more than one servo jittering, it sounds like you might need a glitch buster installed in your receiver. something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132915229988?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338624526&toolid=10001&customid=b7b3760ff8db5378b16adb22cd8224fa

alot  of people had this problem too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

with more than one servo jittering, it sounds like you might need a glitch buster installed in your receiver. something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132915229988?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338624526&toolid=10001&customid=b7b3760ff8db5378b16adb22cd8224fa

alot  of people had this problem too.

Thanks a lot for the info mate, I’ll order one see if it works. Would of though a 120amp Max10 esc would be way more than enough power for it not to jitter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C tay said:

Thanks a lot for the info mate, I’ll order one see if it works. Would of though a 120amp Max10 esc would be way more than enough power for it not to jitter. 

yeah, i woudl try the glitch buster first as that is only couple of pound instead of buying another esc which is alot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

yeah, i woudl try the glitch buster first as that is only couple of pound instead of buying another esc which is alot.

Yes I’ve ordered one👍 The truck will be in the bin before i buy another esc for it. 

1 minute ago, C tay said:

Yes I’ve ordered one👍 The truck will be in the bin before i buy another esc for it. 

i feel confident the glitch buster will sort it all out. when that first happened to me, i was quite frustrated too but this forum has helped me out 🙂 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2021 at 22:54, froggy8 said:

i feel confident the glitch buster will sort it all out. when that first happened to me, i was quite frustrated too but this forum has helped me out 🙂 

Glitch buster didn’t work, steering was still going mad.  Thank for trying to help bud👍

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

Do it!

Thanks mate, I'm looking for something which is much more rugged than my FTX Outlaw so the MT10 seems to fit the bill.

Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CUPRABullet said:

The MT10 is my first RC for years so can't really comment in comparison to others.  However, I have bounced it off a good few jumps/trees etc and it has stayed in one piece.  Brilliant fun I must admit.

That's good enough for me.  I can't say the same about my first car as it spends it's life on the work bench in pieces.

The only other question relates to the availability of spare parts but being Team Associated I'm sure that will be OK.

Thanks again,

Andrew

Hi

We’ve not needed many parts in the 9 months we’ve had ours. It’s taken a beating and needed a front arm, a shock shaft and some bearings, none of which were hard to obtain.

All the damage was well earned, it’s tough enough to make you wince as it tumbles, yet it seems to take it like a champ!

Enjoy.

Steve

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SWF said:

Hi

We’ve not needed many parts in the 9 months we’ve had ours. It’s taken a beating and needed a front arm, a shock shaft and some bearings, none of which were hard to obtain.

All the damage was well earned, it’s tough enough to make you wince as it tumbles, yet it seems to take it like a champ!

Enjoy.

Steve

Cheers Steve, that's a great report on the MT10.

I've made up my mind now mate, I'm having one.

All the best,

Andrew

On 24/12/2021 at 09:44, Buggy Malone said:

Cheers Steve, that's a great report on the MT10.

I've made up my mind now mate, I'm having one.

All the best,

Andrew

Great choice mate!
Once you get hold of it, before taking it out on its maiden run be sure to check and tighten the wheel nuts, put a drop of thread locker on them too to be safe.
Pop the motor and motor mount out too and thread lock the 2 screws that hold the motor in place. these backed out on my first run but I caught it early enough to avoid chewing the pinion to pieces. Thread lock the pinion screw too (it actually comes fitted with a D locking pinion which is nice) tighten all screws you can find on the chassis, many of the steering ones I could get at least 3 full turns on them before tightened down.

Start on 2s to get the feel of it then go onto 3s once you need more out of it.
It becomes a totally different beast on 3s, its very very twitchy in the air and keeping its front wheels on the ground require a lot of mastery. Watch the temps though these stock reedy combo gets very toasty!

Best basher in my collection by far though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/12/2021 at 10:38, Alvarez said:

Great choice mate!
Once you get hold of it, before taking it out on its maiden run be sure to check and tighten the wheel nuts, put a drop of thread locker on them too to be safe.
Pop the motor and motor mount out too and thread lock the 2 screws that hold the motor in place. these backed out on my first run but I caught it early enough to avoid chewing the pinion to pieces. Thread lock the pinion screw too (it actually comes fitted with a D locking pinion which is nice) tighten all screws you can find on the chassis, many of the steering ones I could get at least 3 full turns on them before tightened down.

Start on 2s to get the feel of it then go onto 3s once you need more out of it.
It becomes a totally different beast on 3s, its very very twitchy in the air and keeping its front wheels on the ground require a lot of mastery. Watch the temps though these stock reedy combo gets very toasty!

Best basher in my collection by far though.

A really fantastic post - thanks mate, you're a star :good:

I'll be sure to strip and examine all the bits when I get it (all part of the fun eh) as I want to try and get some incidnet-free runs out of this one.

The car will arrive during the first week of January so I'll report back on my progress.

Thanks again, you've given me some great pointers,

Andrew

• Like 2

On 26/12/2021 at 11:31, Buggy Malone said:

A really fantastic post - thanks mate, you're a star :good:

I'll be sure to strip and examine all the bits when I get it (all part of the fun eh) as I want to try and get some incidnet-free runs out of this one.

The car will arrive during the first week of January so I'll report back on my progress.

Thanks again, you've given me some great pointers,

Andrew

when are you getting yours mate?

Hi

Hear is a picture showing an MT10 next to an 1/8 buggy and an EMB-T.  Hope it helps?

Edited by SWF
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, SWF said:

Hi

Hear is a picture showing an MT10 next to an 1/8 buggy and an EMB-T.  Hope it helps?

F8C26B67-9678-4AB7-AF73-0E557BDE8945.jpeg

many thanks for that mate

what cars is on the side of the mt10 please? the green one looks like an arrma?

Hi

The green one is a Corally Radix 4. I don’t have that anymore.

The one on the near side is Tamiya TT-02B, a 1/10 buggy.

Cheers

Steve

6 hours ago, SWF said:

Hi

The green one is a Corally Radix 4. I don’t have that anymore.

The one on the near side is Tamiya TT-02B, a 1/10 buggy.

Cheers

Steve

the size looks to be spot on! would need to see if i can get to a shop and have a feel on one.

i used to like big trucks and whatnot but i am starting to like the smaller cars now as its lighter.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2021 at 13:43, C tay said:

Glitch buster didn’t work, steering was still going mad.  Thank for trying to help bud👍

disconnect the servo from the steering and see if it still jitters, while its unhooked check steering see if it is tight at any point i wonder if you got a second bad servo, it can happen

18 hours ago, froggy8 said:

when are you getting yours mate?

I was just informed this morning that it will be dispatched on the 29-Dec and should arrive by the NY.

Can't wait mate :good:

• Like 1