• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

5 minutes ago, m33bhardwaj said:

I had a 20 min run on a 2s lipo and I am amazed by the performance. Wheelies on grass. Did not make any videos as it was dark already. The led lights do help. They are very bright indeed.

Just a question, the front wheel steering has some play. Any suggestions on how to reduce that.

Also any links for getting the helion arms would be much appreciated.

Do you mean there is a little side to side movement? If so, don't worry about it, it will help on impacts, unless it's very excessive.

I can't find the arms in stock anywhere either.

How would the proline 2.8 trenches do on this? Would it fit?

For others looking for the mit, there is some stock on wireless madness. Grab it while you can.

I will be uploading video in a few days.

Welcoming suggestions for hop ups.

I would stay with stock tyres, on a truck like this, especially on 3s, it's pointless spending out for expensive tyres, they don't handle very well anyway, more grip is going to equal more grip roll and you'll still just wear them out.

Spend that £70+ on lipos for more run times = fun times.

• Like 1

Great to see it running!   Mine is here! Lovely model, seems a shame to get it dirty! Just waiting on a lead to connect the battery to the charger that I didn’t realise I needed then it's time to bash 🙂

Rival-MT10.jpg

• Like 1

Can't really comment if there are better models out there but for the price I am really happy with mine.  It's my first RC car for 20 years (had a couple of nitro models in the past) and even on a 2S battery it's just huge fun.  Plenty quick enough and seems pretty tough so far -  has had plenty of crashes and just shrugs them off.  You need space though, not a back garden plaything but I have some woods just up the road with sandy hard packed soil and lots of bomb holes and jumps that mountain bikers have built.  It's perfect for plenty of air time, power slides and donuts  🙂

Could it be something to do with the servosaver loosening?  That's about the end of my knowledge but look at tip #6 in this video as that talks about the servosaver coming loose which might give play?

Could it be something to do with the servosaver loosening?  That's about the end of my knowledge but look at tip #6 in this video as that talks about the servosaver coming loose which might give play?

I decided to tighten the servo saver today. It was not easy. The manual could be better. Sometimes like what hpi provides where there is a single exploded videoa on one or two pages.

I did reach the servo saver but had to do these steps:

1. Disconnect servo from steering.
2. Remove front bumper screws
3. Remove front wheels
4. Disconnent front shock front shock tower
5. Remove the front chassis. This will involve disconnecting the center axle.

6. Finally u will be able to access the servo saver.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like a pretty straight copy of slash 4x4 lcg turned MT. Would the body off this fit the slash length or does stampede 4x4 sized bodies fit this? If it had the aftermarket support it could be the final nail in the old traxxas trucks. 

Ide like it more if they gave it some more AE styling would increase the price for a pro version might look very cool. More blue alloy maybe a dash of carbon. 

Would the slash Arms fit this? I have lots spare ill send one out for test fitting if asked supply a 2nd if it works. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So tried a sort of rock-crawling approach today with the Rival.  We live near the Greensand Ridge in Bedfordshire so there are woods with lovely sandstone type rocky outcrops and drops (Rowney Warren woods where the Chicksands mountain bike trails are which is how I know it) and they looked really inviting.  I was surprised on how much it would scrabble up  although not crawling as such.  Think more the Icelandic Offroad V8 cars way of doing things - dust and stones in all directions but it got up - then jumping it back down again 🙂   It would handle a more subtle approach if I picked the right route but generally it was more fun to attack.  Still loving the truck and enjoying searching out different terrains to run it on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've bought one of these and running on 3s, I have to say I'm very impressed with the speed and handling although my inexperience has cost me the dreaded front suspension arm😩. I'm hoping it's because of lockdown but I couldn't find any anywhere! Associated now have them so I've ordered a couple of extra sets, let's hope someone makes a stronger upgrade soon! 

It's great seeing the videos of what this truck is capable of  cant wait to get mine out again! 

On 24/06/2020 at 22:28, RCbutcher said:

Brilliant water pics looks amazing with the glass like fountain around it. How do you get those pics multi shot? 

Lots of practice lol... Yes I shoot RCs in burst mode.

On 24/06/2020 at 23:40, Rishi33 said:

The motor temp is pretty high after the run. I am running on stock gearing and 2s. Its too hot to touch which i read is problematic.
Is this normal for reedy?

Not being able to touch them happens at about 35C which is fine, I have put pack after pack on 3s with mine, motor very hot, but it's fine.

Reedy also do run hot, my SC10 always used to.

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Just buy a temp gun, they're only a tenner. You'll be going all round your house checking temps. 

Handy for the truck too. 

thats what i did when i bought my first temp gun :D