• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated Rival MT10 owners.

Oh How Original

13 minutes ago, Guns said:

Got a pic of them both together?

Good idea.

Now the Outcast is typically a little longer, but my chassis is snapped in this picture.

Their doesn't look much in it here, but the Outcast is a fair bit taller, with taller tyres, beefier suspension, beefier arms and a lot wider.

X8gdEkp.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original

6 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

I was quite surprised too... The Outcast is definitely more my size, but it's still a very fun truck and fast even on 2s.

It's probably going to be a  while before I can use it with the lock down,have you ran yours on 3s ok with the stock electrics? 

2 hours ago, tomr said:

It's probably going to be a  while before I can use it with the lock down,have you ran yours on 3s ok with the stock electrics? 

Yep, both 2s and 3s, no issues other than keeping the nose down on 3s lol.

I am in the middle of editing the last bash with it which I'll post when it's done, it should include some 3s driving. 

• Like 1

Nice to see all the diffs actually have oil in especially at this price point  👍

With me being a big kid I stuck a 3s in and give it some big licks up and down the street ,it goes surprising well much better than I remembered.  

Of course I hit my 1:1 car wheel after 5mins and broke the front bumper.........That bit of fun cost me £17 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Hey so I bought an mt10 and sure enough snapped a front A arm. Ordered a replacement but cant for the life of me figure out how to switch it out without disassembling the entire front end. Anyone have a quick way or tips?

On 23/04/2020 at 15:55, XTN said:

Hey so I bought an mt10 and sure enough snapped a front A arm. Ordered a replacement but cant for the life of me figure out how to switch it out without disassembling the entire front end. Anyone have a quick way or tips?

Shouldn't need to do that, check the manual for the exploded view, you will see what needs to be removed, it's really not a big job.

21 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

so the question is- would you buy this truck again?

I'm really liking what im seeing, aside from the A arms!

Well I did  I couldn't resist for the price........I originally bought the Helion Avenge ,thought it was a good truck but fell out with Rc for a while and sold it .

At £249 I think it's hard to beat for what you get ,the Arrma typhon and senton 3s are fantastic in my opinion as well for similar money  . My typhon 3s is possibly my favourite rig at the min for just throwing in a back pack and blasting a couple of packs through.i haven't had to do a thing to it ,I bought in November,its still bone stock not even a leaky shock yet  😂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomr said:

Well I did  I couldn't resist for the price........I originally bought the Helion Avenge ,thought it was a good truck but fell out with Rc for a while and sold it .

At £249 I think it's hard to beat for what you get ,the Arrma typhon and senton 3s are fantastic in my opinion as well for similar money  . My typhon 3s is possibly my favourite rig at the min for just throwing in a back pack and blasting a couple of packs through.i haven't had to do a thing to it ,I bought in November,its still bone stock not even a leaky shock yet  😂 

lol!

got me looking at Arrmas now!!

bad influence 

• Haha 1

On 04/03/2020 at 20:07, Oh How Original said:

Thought I'd start this off as I seem to be the first on here with one, gave it a good shakedown run today, a combination of cold outside, plus a bad landing by my over excited/poor driving, resulted in a broken arm at the hinge pin, everything else seems fine.

Some video will follow, but thought I'd get the thread started with some pictures from today.

I am toying with the idea of buying an Arrma Granite/Big Rock to compare the two against each other and against my Senton, but we'll see.

I really like the truck overall, it's well planted, runs very well, they include a little dust cover over the chassis too, just held on like a fitted bed sheet over a couple of little post style things on the chassis, not sure what else you'd call them... Amazingly it stayed on throughout the entire bash, which surprised me.

If anyone wants any specific images or information about anything on the truck, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Failing that, everyone else who pre-ordered, get posting :D

JyIICau.jpg

rehTyYB.jpg

diYrro5.jpg

WYiGQ7T.jpg

B7dwfB6.jpg

FKgdVqU.jpg

YqRijv0.jpg

6prxZcu.jpg

16KtjFk.jpg

u6dQFap.jpg

sRDWVCl.jpg

r3EKSMm.jpg

On 04/03/2020 at 20:07, Oh How Original said:

Thought I'd start this off as I seem to be the first on here with one, gave it a good shakedown run today, a combination of cold outside, plus a bad landing by my over excited/poor driving, resulted in a broken arm at the hinge pin, everything else seems fine.

Some video will follow, but thought I'd get the thread started with some pictures from today.

I am toying with the idea of buying an Arrma Granite/Big Rock to compare the two against each other and against my Senton, but we'll see.

I really like the truck overall, it's well planted, runs very well, they include a little dust cover over the chassis too, just held on like a fitted bed sheet over a couple of little post style things on the chassis, not sure what else you'd call them... Amazingly it stayed on throughout the entire bash, which surprised me.

If anyone wants any specific images or information about anything on the truck, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Failing that, everyone else who pre-ordered, get posting :D

JyIICau.jpg

rehTyYB.jpg

diYrro5.jpg

WYiGQ7T.jpg

B7dwfB6.jpg

FKgdVqU.jpg

YqRijv0.jpg

6prxZcu.jpg

16KtjFk.jpg

u6dQFap.jpg

sRDWVCl.jpg

r3EKSMm.jpg

just got one myself  ran it yesterday only in back  but seems ok going to get badland wheels and tyres mx28 think they are been told good fit

I had a granite  brushless had massive problems with esc cutting out got 3rd esc and sold it while running good

I have ordered some helion mt10 front and rear arms for my mt10 apparently they are much stronger cant wait to get into old quarry works with it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,  just ordered a Rival MT10 although a good few weeks to wait for it to come in unfortunately.  Any advice on batteries (2s or 3s) would be appreciated.  What sort of run times can I expect to get?  This is my first RC car for ages and had nitro before that so a total novice about brushless and LiPo batteries.  I was going to ask about running it in but seeing the video it looks like you just go for it!

Thanks, Nick.

Hi, Welcome to the Forum

It appears the battery tray dimensions for the Rival are (139 x 47 x 25.1mm)

It looks to have a Deans Connector on the ESC

2S is 7.4v, so slightly slower, 3S is 11.1v, so much quicker. It all depends on how much speed you want.

Runtime, the bigger the MAH, the more run time you get.

Discharge Rating or C is sorta performance, the higher the better really. On average I aim for 5000mah+ and 30c+. Bear in mind bigger than the MAH, the higher rate of charge needed for desirable charge times, but aim for an 80w ish charger and you'll be fine

So all you need to do is find the highest MAH/Discharge rate that fits within those sizes, preferebly with a Deans Connector that you can afford.

Try www.hobbyking.com for cheap Lipo's, but you may need to solder on a new connector

• 2 weeks later...

So, still waiting for the arrival of the Rival but the anticipation is building.  Been watching the videos and wanted to ask about how you control the pitch of the car in the air?  Is it throttle on brings the front up and braking pushes the nose down?  Can't believe the air some people get and the truck survives (apart from the front suspension arm weak point) 

• 3 weeks later...

They are back in stock and bought one from modelsport yesterday. I am waiting eagerly. I have gone through a lot of videos and would like some insights as well.

1. Where can i buy the Helion Avenge arms from. they seem to be out of stock.

2. Tyres and wheels. i am looking from a decent set. something in 20-30 quid range.

Will be posting pics as soon as i get mine. 

10 hours ago, m33bhardwaj said:

They are back in stock and bought one from modelsport yesterday. I am waiting eagerly. I have gone through a lot of videos and would like some insights as well.

1. Where can i buy the Helion Avenge arms from. they seem to be out of stock.

2. Tyres and wheels. i am looking from a decent set. something in 20-30 quid range.

Will be posting pics as soon as i get mine. 

£20-30 a pair more like if you want something thats better than stock. 

Thanks to m33bhardwaj for the heads up on stock at Modelsports.  Looks like the importers gave all the latest stock to them instead of sharing it across other shops.  I had mine on back order somewhere else but they have been fine and refunded my money so have ordered with Modelsports - hopefully won't be long now 🙂

• Like 1

I had a 20 min run on a 2s lipo and I am amazed by the performance. Wheelies on grass. Did not make any videos as it was dark already. The led lights do help. They are very bright indeed.

Just a question, the front wheel steering has some play. Any suggestions on how to reduce that.

Also any links for getting the helion arms would be much appreciated.