• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dead Bodies Inc

Fly In My Soup

Well it looks to me like the work has paid off!

I've been looking at some of these Roland Vinyl printers, and wondering if I can make a valid business case to buy one, and if I could actually break even or turn a small profit without having to do loads of advertising for external printing services and keeping it small time RC stuff.... damn things aint cheap.

On 27/02/2020 at 14:53, Paul Busby said:

Well it looks to me like the work has paid off!

I've been looking at some of these Roland Vinyl printers, and wondering if I can make a valid business case to buy one, and if I could actually break even or turn a small profit without having to do loads of advertising for external printing services and keeping it small time RC stuff.... damn things aint cheap.

I've actually been seeking a vinyl decal guy for a few months

I've actually been seeking a vinyl decal guy for a few months
I'll look into it a bit more. Assuming the software I already use does the job for designing (affinity designer) it might be a reasonable investment if there is enough demand.

I'll look into it more, perhaps chat sometime on FB?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love some of these for my truck. 

Ide look into making small roof sliders too universal fit we can screw onto our roofs and let those take the road rash. If you can come up with a simple design where you make one sheet with lots of sliders to cut out it could be a nice quick easy thing. I think arrma started doing them but I've wanted something like it for years. Save our body roofs getting all scuffed up. 

Chassis protector too. De style but front to rear strips. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have pics of the side gaurds bolted on so I can try to visualise how itll look.  Where the bolts are from above and clear from the side or below if mounted from below  

I'm wondering if mounted from underneath the chassis they could act as chassis protectors too plus not have the lip showing if they even do show a lip bolted on top. I want them bad but really wanna have them visualized etc too. 

Can they be counter sunk if going from under. Or is it best to bolt them on top of the chassis. 

Edited by RCbutcher

• 2 weeks later...