• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GoolRC 60a esc w/ 4300kv motor, no throttle response

NewSensei

I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WHCM3Y2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the programming card, programmed the esc and connected/installed everything according to the incredibly crappy instructions but when I power it up all that happens is the motor beeps and the led flashes for a second on the esc then goes off. Steering works fine but I have zero throttle response. Any of y'all have any suggestions how to make this work?

Edit: I put the original switch back on (two push buttons) and was able to get the motor working. However, it has a noticeable delay from when I hit the throttle to when it actually accelerates. Anyone know how to change this delay?

Edited by NewSensei

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Launch control? What's it set to currently? Did you calibrate it?

I figured out the factory switch has two buttons for the calibration. I did it but I'm not sure I did it right and cannot figure out how to reset it to redo it.

Not sure what launch control is... I'm new to brushless and programming esc in general :(

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Read the book, that'll explain how to calibrate. 

Then use the card to tweak any settings you want to adjust. Launch or punch control will adjust speed of acceleration.

That's the thing, "the book" is ONE page of really bad English that doesn't even talk about calibrating in the first place. Never mind how to redo it... I set the break to 25%, start mode is strong, reverse 50% and I've tried neutral range at all three but is currently at 6%...

57 minutes ago, Tug said:

Never owned any of their kit, but someone on here will know how to do it. 

Put the switch back on? 

Yes, I had to reinstall the switch as it would not work (even after calibration) with a standard switch. I definitely messed up the calibration though, think so at least...

Are you sure it's not just cogging at low RPM?

The Gool RC I have in my Maverick is pretty coggy. I found fiddling with the punch can help a little, but basically you just have to get the throttle end points set correctly and give it a bit of beans to get it to take off from standing.

I think it might have been this file which was useful for me...

573447592X53414X5.pdf

1 hour ago, Paul Busby said:

Are you sure it's not just cogging at low RPM?

The Gool RC I have in my Maverick is pretty coggy. I found fiddling with the punch can help a little, but basically you just have to get the throttle end points set correctly and give it a bit of beans to get it to take off from standing.

I think it might have been this file which was useful for me...

573447592X53414X5.pdfUnavailable

Can't access the PDF, says it is unavailable...

I thought of cogging, which it does do, but the issue is the throttle doesn't even kick in for a few seconds after you punch the throttle...

Can't access the PDF, says it is unavailable...

I thought of cogging, which it does do, but the issue is the throttle doesn't even kick in for a few seconds after you punch the throttle...
Does this work?

https://cloud.hambletonbts.com/s/zxnzyi9JW2XWcFB

What radio system is it?

Arrma Senton mega with STX2 radio (not the best I know but what I have for now)...if I can recalibrate maybe it'll help till I can afford a better setup. Love the Senton with brushed but is way better brushless [emoji6]
I think that radio is known to have delay exactly as you describe [emoji21]

Nothing you can do. Sorry bud.

3 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I think that radio is known to have delay exactly as you describe emoji21.png

Nothing you can do. Sorry bud.

The weird thing is I had no delay prior to putting the brushless in. That said, I tried holding the throttle while powering on and once I let it go it no longer take 5 seconds to respond and now only takes about 2 seconds...

You have any suggestions for a quality budget radio?

The weird thing is I had no delay prior to putting the brushless in. That said, I tried holding the throttle while powering on and once I let it go it no longer take 5 seconds to respond and now only takes about 2 seconds...

You have any suggestions for a quality budget radio?
I've just got a FlySky GT5 which was quite cheap for what it is, but they also do some more basic ones.

DumboRC also seems to get a lot of recommendations.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can recommend both the dumbo RC and the gt5

bought a kraton and wanted a better radio so got the dumbo for better response 

got the son a kraton and myself a senton, so bought a gt5 (so I can have 2 models on 1 radio) and have the son the dumbo

now I’ve picked up a racing buggy......the gt5 is ok but yet again I need to up my radio 

so bought the flysky noble nb4 ,it’s on its way

so now the son gets the gt5 and the dumbo becomes a spare 

Edited by MacRaguel

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm having delay issues as well and have been messing with it, and the maximum throttle stroke helps a little bit. If u mess with it

1 minute ago, MTMIKE said:

I'm having delay issues as well and have been messing with it, and the maximum throttle stroke helps a little bit. If u mess with it

Honestly the only that really helps these Gool RC ESCs, if you get a bad one, is to get a refund and replace it with a Hobbywing.

I know this seems blunt and flippant, but it's true. The electronics are very poor.