• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ftx outlaw gool RC brushless system?

martin34

What one are you looking at getting? I have bought a few different setups. But if it looks like this:

RM7718-1-0a13-GgVv.jpg

I'd say consider something else. I have one of these in a lightweight 2wd buggy and it is hopeless. Very very under powered and slow for the rated specs, the ESC is also physically HUGE and is in no way possible to be waterproof.

I admit the one I got was branded Ocday, but it looks 100% the same and the motor is branded Hobbypower. It is meant to be 5200kv, but it is the slowest brushless motor I own and in the buggy it is in, it should have been a rocket ship. I'm not sure what is the main culprit, if it is the motor or ESC. But the ESC is just nasty and cheap, so I didn't bother swapping in a different motor. Fortunately this setup was in an old buggy just to have a go with it again, certainly wouldn't use it on anything I intend to use often.

I have the SkyRC Leopard, which was quite affordable:

https://www.skyrc.com/Leopard

I bought it in 9T 4370kv guise, initially for my FTX Carnage. It runs well, but a bit too toasty in that vehicle. I now have it in a Tamiya VX-01T and it is very very good. My only complaint and it isn't directly at this, is it is a sensorless setup and the throttle on any sensorless setup isn't very smooth if you are used to quality racing ESC's and race brushed motors.

I also have the SkyRC Cheetah in a 2wd stadium truck. Think it is the 1.05T 3250kv

https://www.skyrc.com/Cheetah

As a sensored setup it is much smoother to drive. No issues or complaints at all.

I also have a few of these:

Brushed-120A-ESC-120a-Sensored-Brushless

These go under various names, but often just 120A ESC.  They aren't waterproof however. But pair them with a budget sensored motor and they are great setup IMO.

I'm assuming 2S usage, if you plan on 3S you may need to double check the specs and suitability.

2 hours ago, 300bhp/ton said:

I also have a few of these:

Brushed-120A-ESC-120a-Sensored-Brushless

These go under various names, but often just 120A ESC.  They aren't waterproof however. But pair them with a budget sensored motor and they are great setup IMO.

I'm assuming 2S usage, if you plan on 3S you may need to double check the specs and suitability.

Great I've seen so many of these but they're so cheap (literally less than £15) I just assumed they were junk. Good to know they're decent. I'm tryna get the most budget brushless system I can.

Edited by fnknan