• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New ARRMA Teaser....

Fly In My Soup

25 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Nah.... Won't be a crawler.... I've already seen the arrma director hinting it's an xmaxx rival on fb

Thank good for that . Yep I saw the same thing posted elsewhere X Maxx rival would make sense I’m gonna hold off getting anything new until they release more info 👍

10 minutes ago, martin34 said:

I reckon it will basically be a Mojave converted to a monster truck

thats what i was hoping it isnt XD 

Flat chassis will just make it a monster truggy and that’s a huge no no. My worry would be it’s another Nero disaster and highly overpriced, that said Arrma are pretty good at learning from there mistakes.  

Good point actually, forgot they made that dud. 

Here's hoping they don't try that diff brain crap again, but make a simple, tough big MT. I don't like buying the "first version" of an RC (X-Maxx, Kraton etc - it's always something), but i could be persuaded if it comes with appropriate electrics (as in: not 1/8th) for the size/scale (though unconfirmed, if it's a X-Maxx rival it'll obviously be big). I don't know if Arrma has bigger ESC/Motor combos in their repertoire though? I'd like to see a Max6 (or rebranded version of it), not the BLX185. 

58 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

Good point actually, forgot they made that dud. 

Here's hoping they don't try that diff brain crap again, but make a simple, tough big MT. I don't like buying the "first version" of an RC (X-Maxx, Kraton etc - it's always something), but i could be persuaded if it comes with appropriate electrics (as in: not 1/8th) for the size/scale (though unconfirmed, if it's a X-Maxx rival it'll obviously be big). I don't know if Arrma has bigger ESC/Motor combos in their repertoire though? I'd like to see a Max6 (or rebranded version of it), not the BLX185. 

It wasn't a dud though and wasn't the reason it was pulled from sale.  Still see them around occasionally now. As I understand it had two issues: if you noses dived it over jumps at 50mph into the ground that chassis could bend and the batteries trays opened at random. The latter I saw a few times

Just now, mond said:

It wasn't a dud though and wasn't the reason it was pulled from sale.  Still see them around occasionally now. As I understand it had two issues: if you noses dived it over jumps at 50mph into the ground that chassis could bend and the batteries trays opened at random. The latter I saw a few times

I recall actually reading into the truck when i ultimately went for the XXL2e instead. 

I'm not sure if it was the Nero or the Big Rock with the diff brain, but the diff brain was absolutely garbage and broke constantly from what people were reporting. And yeah, it's Arrma, it would bend. :D

Tbf, at 50mph nosediving most if not all RC break. The battery tray was just stupid design (much like the XXL2e that i then got) - but mostly the diffbrain version was unreliable. I can't speak for the "non-brained" version because that's not what i was looking into. 

2 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I recall actually reading into the truck when i ultimately went for the XXL2e instead. 

I'm not sure if it was the Nero or the Big Rock with the diff brain, but the diff brain was absolutely garbage and broke constantly from what people were reporting. And yeah, it's Arrma, it would bend. :D

Tbf, at 50mph nosediving most if not all RC break. The battery tray was just stupid design (much like the XXL2e that i then got) - but mostly the diffbrain version was unreliable. I can't speak for the "non-brained" version because that's not what i was looking into. 

There were 2 versions of the Nero a green and a blue and one didn't have diff brain and was cheaper. I think it was only as bad as a v1 kraton and given arrmas record of updating and improving their rc's each year, in v3/v4 form it could have been a great truck by now with most issues sorted. 

No the Nero had huge issues and was replaced very quickly with a v2  which cased a huge unpopular move with there fans issues where mainly around motor end bells coming off rods breaking shocks bursting open chassis bending battery trays failing. It was pulled because of the Traxxas law suit or atleast that was my understanding but I couldn’t be wrong 🤷‍♂️  

Flat chassis or stretched savage /Nero will be a bust imo but that said with there following now whatever it is it will sell like hot cakes faults flaws and all. 

id loved see that new Hobbywing 1650kv  combo or similar in it same or similar size as the X maxx with a similar ground clearance no funky diffs or battery trays just simple big bulky fast hcg fun with a strong drivetrain I think if they just get the basics right there be in to a huge winner all new purchases are now cancelled until this new model is released as if it is a real x maxx contender I’d like to up front in the queue to get one 👍