• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Corally kronos 6s xp

Fly In My Soup

D1drPq7.jpg

KRONOS XP 6S - the new level for EXTREME MONSTER TRUCKS
Our design team dreamed from the ultimate extreme Monster Truck and how to design it, how it should look like and which design features they should add to set the new standard for RC monster trucks. Well they did it, it's called THE KRONOS XP 6S

The KRONOS XP 6S is loaded with top features
• Ready to Run
• Designed for 4-6S power
• +110km/h achievable topspeed
• +3600 Watt insane powerhouse
• TC TOROX 185 controller by HW
• TC KURON 825 - 2050KV - 4 Pole - sensorless motor
• Digital Steering Servo - 20Kg/torque - metal gears
• Ergonomic S2R radio with interference free 2.4GHz technology
• Super strong and durable HiCC8 composite parts
• Heavy-Duty CNC machined precision gears
• CNC Machined chassis 3mm and shock towers 4-5mm
• 2-piece aluminum motor mount
• 16mm Big Bore threaded aluminium shocks
• Precision Pivot-Ball front suspension
• All steel drive shafts
• Front CVD joints
• Polycarbonate printed bodyshell
• Designed in Belgium

View full news article

they did reply to a youtube comment an confirmed that it comes with a fully blown max8 esc with all the options, no a quicrun like the arrma with limited options. 

2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

they did reply to a youtube comment an confirmed that it comes with a fully blown max8 esc with all the options, no a quicrun like the arrma with limited options. 

That's correct, currently writing a small write up for people who're interested - a german channel already went into detail on the truck but youtube auto-subtitles suck. I'll post it in 20 minutes, still watching the video. Looks actually better than expected.

• Like 1

Depends. I might be wrong here since i have never heard of Team Corally before these two announcements, but i'm pretty sure that aftermarket and spares availability would favour Arrma. (edit: answer to Doddy, and before i saw the video)

The Kronos shares the differentials with the buggy. ESC full fledged Max8, no limited settings. Instant point of concern for me, the chassis is even narrower than on the Kraton - but it has three chassis braces for the rear. One from diff to the middle of the chassis, and two 45 degree shock tower braces. A Arms upper and lower both can be ordered in singles, and they're symmetrical, can be mounted on both sides. The entire truck has sealed bearings. Front CVD, rear dog bones. Shocks outer/inner diameter 19mm/16mm, full metal, wall thickness 1.5mm. 

Adjustable servo saver. Bumper from "POS" confirmed (never heard of them). Pinion cover, only open slightly on the bottom. Comes with mount for a transponder. XT90 connectors. Four screws to take out center diff, 6 screws to take out front/rear due to stabilisers. Beefiest wing mount i've seen so far on a truggy. Optional "clip on splash walls" (hard to explain, basically increasing the height of the tub wall, if that makes sense?). 

Infos taken from this (german) video. 

I'll be honest, i'm actually quite impressed after seeing this. If parts are readily available (no idea on that one, never even seen a team corally before), certainly worth a thought.

edit: scratch my comment about the wingmount, apparently in the first promo video you can see the wing fly off, which was subsequently pulled and edited. Apparently still circulating in Arrma facebook groups though.

Edited by m4inbrain
  • Like 1

Corally have been around for donkeys years, mainly they do high end onroad and pan car kits, they also have a big line in electronics and pit equipment. MB Models stock a lot of their stuff. I’ve got one of their transmitter cases for my 4PM 👍 

Well what about that the closer you look the better it is and not quite the clone you think, I’d say it’s worthy of the price tag in today’s market.

Thought I’d heard of these guy before somewhere so thanks AJ for clearing that up  👍

Regarding parts support if it’s a solid truck it won’t need the support as much but it is annoying waiting weeks for parts if it’s your only rig. Great to here MB Models are a stockist as I dare say they would be able to get parts in for people 👍👍👍

• Like 1

Most current trucks on the market are "solid". They become a little less solid once you drive them like mad, that's when bending, breaking etc is happening. After seeing the video, i actually quite like this, though i still think it's moronic to call them Python and Kronos. 

I'd need to look into spares, i'm not that much in need for "hop ups", but spares (all of them) have to be readily available before i consider this. My XXL2e was a disaster (well, maybe not that bad - but not great) and that regard, and it made me baby the truck. Not the greatest thing for a basher to do. 

The only MB models i can find (maybe the wrong one?) just stocks Corally pit maps, but no kits of any sorts - someone got a link? 

If you have never heard of pos they make a wide variety of products for a few different cars i have bashed the living s#&t out of my outcast bumper and it's still going after 6 months.

Here are some examples of there work.

Capture+_2019-08-16-20-47-58.png

Capture+_2019-07-26-20-36-03.png