• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MCD racing 5th generation

Kukynas

forgot to mentioned, didn't have to wait for MCD to build it for me according to my earlier specs (factory team with upgrades), they just released new version (Max Pro) which already contains all of it (except for front chassis stiffener and center diff) so got an oportunity to buy it with discount, cheaper and faster, here's the link https://www.rcfox.de/M00525001-MCD-Racing-XR-5-Rally-Max-Pro-Rolling-Chassis_1

Don’t bother with the centre diff, solid bar is fine with mine
  • Thanks 1

Was mainly thinking about sealing output cups to protect drive shafts but that requires rouned version of the cups means no brake discs, by that I also reduce the overall weight with no braking servo and all the parts related to it, she’ll be a moving pig so need to do something with her weight 😂

Edited by Kukynas
Spelling

Was mainly thinking about sealing output cups to protect drive shafts but that requires rouned version of the cups means no brake discs, by that I also reduce the overall weight with no braking servo and all the parts related to it, she’ll be a moving pig so need to do something with hear weight [emoji23]

The front output cup next to the radio box doesn’t have enough space for a boot, it wears through the radio box and shreds the boot

8 minutes ago, toddfg said:

The front output cup next to the radio box doesn’t have enough space for a boot, it wears through the radio box and shreds the boot

No worries, easy job for dremel and if not plenty of options either from MCD (new 2019 version of the servo/radio box holder) or Rovan alu version 👍

Ztw beast Pro 300A with SSS 56104 790kv and XTI 57110 640kv , will see which one runs better but these are both 58V capable so should be fine on 12S,  radio will be Flysky GT5 with gyro

btw, any recommendations of what to take care of first mechanical wise? Anything to tighten up or check? Are those diffs RTR or do I need to check oil etc? Front is LSD rear is standard

cheers mate 😉

Yeah, have seen that thread, problem is TP motor, it doesn’t have typical linear current consumption curve like standard motors, it can basicaly take full amps at any given voltage and those standard regulated power transistors in car ESC can’t cope with that so I don’t think they will fix that with new firmware but who knows, for such are better boat ESCs with different type of power transistors (they have their own limitations) 

SSS should act like typical motor except it has 6 poles rotor but to prove it I’ll need to test it first, in case it won’t work I plan to use XTI or any other brand in 56mm can

btw. what’s your ESC/motor combo?

Yeah, have seen that thread, problem is TP motor, it doesn’t have typical linear current consumption curve like standard motors, it can basicaly take full amps at any given voltage and those standard regulated power transistors in car ESC can’t cope with that so I don’t think they will fix that with new firmware but who knows, for such are better boat ESCs with different type of power transistors (they have their own limitations) 
SSS should act like typical motor except it has 6 poles rotor but to prove it I’ll need to test it first, in case it won’t work I plan to use XTI or any other brand in 56mm can
btw. what’s your ESC/motor combo?

Tp will work now, new firmware was tested on mine and my dads escs and his motor then returned back, ours were bought direct from ztw when they were first released, mines mgm esc and a lehner motor

Good to hear they fixed it 👍

that motor and ESC are superb but also cost another car 😂

btw. looking at your car reminds me I need to talk to guys from dusty motor if they are able to produce 1/5 scale dust cover

10 hours ago, Kukynas said:

Good to hear they fixed it 👍

that motor and ESC are superb but also cost another car 😂

btw. looking at your car reminds me I need to talk to guys from dusty motor if they are able to produce 1/5 scale dust cover

Get an old pair of tights. It works as a prefilter for an air filter so can't see why it wouldn't work for an ESC.

• Like 1